Chapter 67: Surprise

Ayanokoji Pov
We are skipping the date.

Well that was a date and a half.  I enjoyed it, I hope everyone else did.  I was standing outside in the snow as Sato was standing nervously in front of me.  She was staring down at the ground nervously and her face was pink like Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls. 

Sato: Ayanokoji-Kun, I just want to ask you: Can you be my boyfriend?

She shouted this out and I could feel the world stop moving.  Every noise had stopped apart from the buzzing of the street lamp.

Kiyotaka: Oh-oh wow I'm flattered.  But I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship with you...I mean not yet.

Sato: Not yet?  What do you mean?

Kiyotaka: Well I mean I don't know who you really are Sato-San!  So maybe we should get to know each other more so I could decide better!  If you lose interest in me then I hope we can still be friends!

Sato: Y-yeah!  I guess I'll have to try extra hard to win your heart!

Sato nodded and ran away.  She was still sad but I was able to let her down softer than say throwing her to the floor.  I did it in spite of our little spectator.  I turned my eyes towards her.

Kiyotaka: You can come out now.

Karuizawa: You knew I was here the whole time?

Kiyotaka: Yeah.

Karuizawa emerged from the bushes with a bag at her side.  The snow drifted and stuck in her hair and it made her shine like a Diamond.  I guess you could say she was beautiful like diamonds in the sky.

Karuizawa: Merry Christmas.

Karuizawa handed me a blue paper bag with something heart shaped inside.  I produced a brown paper bag from my coat and gave it to her.  We both opened our gifts.

Kiyotaka: Chocolate?  Thank you.

Karuizawa: Cold medicine? 

Kiyotaka: You were in the cold for awhile so I thought you would need some.

Karuizawa: Oh thank y-you.  Why did you have me help Ryuen?  Shouldn't you have let him be expelled or something?

Kiyotaka: He has uses to me.  A tool to be used.

Karuizawa: Am I also just a tool?  Something
that you're gonna use and throw out?

Kiyotaka: Karuizawa, you are a tool, but an indispensable tool at that.  I won't get rid of you, you have many uses.

Karuizawa nuzzled her face against my chest.

Karuizawa: I see...

We both silently walked together as night fell.  When we were near the dorms, we saw a vending machine.

Karuizawa: Ooh I'm gonna get some coffee real quick be right back!

Karuizawa ran off to the bending machine and as I was about to follow her to get my own coffee, I suddenly heard a noise slowly approaching.

Clack

Clack

Clack

Sakayanagi: Celebrating Christmas with a tool I see? 

Kiyotaka: Ah Sakayanagi-San!  It's nice to see you outside!  Doesn't that can't make it hard not to slip on the ice though?

Sakayanagi: How cordial.  I merely was waking by when I saw you and your tool walking around.