Chapter 50: War and Violence

Ayanokoji Pov
I returned to my dorm after talking to Horikita. After I coldly shoved her off, she left me alone. I began to scroll through the school forums and didn't see a lot. I was on trending as girls fawned over me and used the anonymous feature on the forum. I saw some boys and girls posting pictures of themselves hanging out. I saw Yamauchi had posted a picture of him and Manabe at the arcade.

I saw Kikyo was hanging out with Mii-Chan and the others, and I saw Nagumo was doing karaoke with Asahina. Elderkita had posted another things about his resignation, highlighting his experiences as the President and what was needed to be the President. Nagumo had sent a meme in the comments in response. Those two were still fighting, even if Elderkita had resigned from his position. After his resignation, Nagumo had practically thrown a hissy fit, according to Asahina at least.

I received a message on my phone from Sotomura.

Sotomura: Ayanokoji-Dono, come to the school infirmary right now!

Ayanokoji: Why, what happened?

Sotomura: Something bad happened to Yamauchi-Dono, he got hurt, bad!

I launched up and grabbed my umbrella and exited my dorm. I went to the lobby and as I was leaving, I heard the elevator ping. I turned slightly and saw Horikita leaving the elevator. Her face slightly paled as she saw me, but shook herself off before running up to me.

Horikita: Did you also get a text from Ike? About Yamauchi?

Ayanokoji: I got a text from Sotomura, did Ike tell you what happened?

Horikita: No, they didn't know. But once we get there, we can talk about it and ask Yamauchi.

Ayanokoji: If he's awake by then...

Horikita: Do you think it has something to do with Manabe?

Ayanokoji: Yeah, it might have something to do. Perhaps he got too hands on with her and she retaliated?

Horikita: Perhaps, but would Manabe be able to defeat Yamauchi so brutally?

Ayanokoji: Well, most people could right?

Horikita dryly chuckled as the rain poured all around us.

Horikita: I guess so. Still, I wonder if it was Manabe or something else. Maybe her friends stepped in?

Ayanokoji: So maybe one of her friends attacked Yamauchi thinking it was for the greater good?

Horikita: It's a solid explanation. Her friends are the type to do that, plus Yamauchi is a certified creep, and every girl knows it. If you check the forums, you would see girls making fun of him in the comments all the time. It's not too out of the field of reality that the girls would attack him.

Ayanokoji: Would the girls do that though? Manabe's friends aren't going to fight him head on, that's for sure.

Horikita: Then who could it be? Could it be someone from Class A? Or maybe Nagumo-Senpai?

Ayanokoji: Nagumo-Senpai, why would you think him?

Horikita: After the sports festival, my brother resigned from the council. Right before that, he fought both you and Nagumo-Senpai in the relay race.  And from an interaction I've had before, I know he likes fighting my brother. So I believe Nagumo-Senpai is fighting both you and my brother, and is targeting Yamauchi to attack the class at large.  He does have many students at his disposal.  Even if they are caught, what are a few students to him?