Chapter 2: Skylanders Unite! (Part 2: The Skylander Games)

Skylands | The Next Day | Home

James' POV

In the next day, I had woken up and still wore my new clothes

I couldn't sleep last night since I am still upset by Spyro destroying my portal gun and when I was shocked and terrified that I have powers but caused a massive blackout. Luckily, the power came back shortly after and Spyro kept partying.

I went to my workshop to work on the armor and braces as I decided to add a few surprises on the braces and give me weapons.

Once I completed the armor, I returned home in the morning as I have thoughts on what happens if Eon finds out. He could celebrate that I have powers, punish me from accidentally causing a black out, or become worried that I have to be hidden once more...

I can't let anyone know I have this power. I just need to keep it hidden.

When I returned home, I see it is a complete mess as filled with trash on the small sky island. I just sighed as I entered the house, grabbed a broom and started to clean. I have been cleaning I think for 30 minutes and I can't shake the feeling that I have to explain my friends about my power...

"BOO!"

I yelped as I fell on the floor. I groaned and rubbed my head when I looked up to see Stealth Elf appeared behind me. I sighed as I said, "Morning, Elf..."

"And good morning to you, too, cowboy. You have finally turned 17." Elf said as she helped me up. She saw the bags under my eyes as I yawned. "Didn't you get any sleep last night?"

I shook my head as I started to go to the kitchen to get myself a energy drink that's called 'SLAP Juice'. I pulled the cap off and started to drink it. I stopped as I gasped for air while seeing I drank half the bottle, feeling the energy from the drink refueling my strength and give me some energy to not fall asleep. "I couldn't sleep because of the party."

"And that strange energy wave that caused a massive blackout across all of Skylands."

Did she say ACROSS all of Skylands?!

I turned to her and said to relax and try not to show that I am hiding something, "Um, ya. I did felt it as I went back to my workshop to work on the armor."

"That reminds me, how is the armor came along?"

"Getting there. I got some new materials to improve the plating and... I'm making you tired, aren't I?" I see Elf is fake asleep as she pretends to snore. I just rolled my eyes and said, "Ha, ha. Very funny, Elf."

She opened her eyes with a grin. "Can't wait to see what you are disguised as."

"Thanks, Elf..." I said as we sat on the stools next to each other and became quiet.

We didn't talk for a few moments as we blushed and looked away.

"So... This is uncomfortable." I said with a awkward tone.

"Ya." Elf said as she matched the same tone as me. "Um... James? I need to ask you something."

"Hm?" I turned to her as I said, "Oh, sure. What's on your mind?"

"I was wondering... if you want to-"

Before she can finish, we heard a loud yawn and stomps coming to the kitchen as Eruptor woke up.