S2 Ch6: The Forgotten Kingdom

(Before we begin, I want to say that this story contains some emotional scenes. Also, thanks, blueflameknight, for making this happen with the plot. Now, onto the story!)

At Green Hill Zone...

Sonic's POV

It is a normal day for me and my friends... If you count that we are bringing in one of my favorite sports games of all time, Soccer!

I was getting a bit bored with Sheep Ball so I would suggest one of the most famous sports of all time in Earth's history.

But, I decided to have a little twist in this game.

Tailsko made me a soccer ball, she passed it to me as Leo spoke up.

"Um, Sonic? Can you tell me the rules of the game?"

I chuckle as I bounce the ball on my head. "Sure. The rules are... there are no rules."

"I don't understand," Alivia says to me confused. "How could a sports game have no rules?"

"Well, since soccer was originally made by humans, they didn't have superpowers back then." I then do some tricks as I kick the ball in the air. "It's all about teamwork and strategy. Originally back on Earth, you couldn't hold the ball and you just had to kick it. But since we have powers, we just have to get the ball through the net by any means necessary."

"Alright! I am too excited to play! Can we please start now?!" Tangle begged, making me chuckle.

"Just a second. We need to split into 2 teams, nets for goals, and a referee to keep track of the scores." I explain.

"Leo and I will stay behind as I will be the referee," Tailsko says when she raises her hand.

I smile as I nod to her. "Okay, all we need is nets and then we play."

Just then, Shard appears as he places nets in a field far from each other.

I just blink in surprise and say, "Huh. Okay. Now, we use our teams to play the game."

As nodded as my team got to one side of the goal and Spyro's team got to the other side.

We have our ready positions as Tailsko shows the ball.

"Ready... GO!" Tails says as she threw the ball in the air and blew the whistle.

Eruptor and I jumped up when my friend tried to take the ball, but I kicked it to my team.

When they try to grab it, Spyro swoops in and grabs it before anyone catches it.

"Ooh! Too low, too slow!" Spyro mocks.

"And too much ego!" Shard said as he fired his hammer at Spyro, which knocked him to the ground.

However, I notice Jet-Vac uses his vacuum gun to pull the ball toward him but Alivia catches it.