52 / Airplane

"You still want to sit together Ji?" Summer asked. They were in line now, getting ready to board.

"Yes."

"Can I sit with you two?" Minho looked at the two.

"Of course." She could tell he was also nervous. Both Jisung and Minho were scared of heights. She was fine with them. She flew on trips a lot as a kid so she was very used to it.

The three sat down in a row of seats. Changbin, Seungmin and I.N sat in front of them while Hyunjin, Felix and Chan sat in the row next to them. Summer was in the middle of the two boys. She was really tired for some reason. Especially after just drinking coffee. The plane started to move and immediately Han held onto Summers arm. He rested his head on her shoulder. In return she kissed the top of his head. She turned to see Minho who was spacing out. He was twiddling with his thumbs, "Minho." She whispered. The plane was about to start going down the runway for takeoff. He quickly looked at her, "Come here." She raised her arm to put around him. He then rested his head on her chest. She rubbed Minho's back while she rested her head on Jisung's. The plane started to speed up and was eventually off the ground. She could tell their nervousness got even worse as soon as they felt the wheels lift off the ground.

"Are they okay?" Seungmin peaked his head over the seat.

"Seungmin you scared me. Yes they're okay. Now sit back down boy." She laughed at him. He slowly went back down, not breaking eye contact with her.

"This is your captain speaking. Flight attendants will come around shortly for your drink orders. Our flight today should last about 2 hours and there may be some slight turbulence getting into Tokyo. Thank you." As he spoke, Lee Know and Han raised their heads.

"Did he say turbulence?" Jisung looked at Summer.

"Don't worry, i'll be right here. You can hold onto me." She rubbed his head. They had the windows closed so the two couldn't see out of the plane.

"I'm going to try to sleep." Minho got comfortable in his seat.

"Okay hun." Summer said sweetly.

"Can I lean on you?" He asked her.

"Of course you can Minho." He leaned on her shoulder. Her other arm was around Jisung who was curled up in his seat. They both fell asleep pretty quickly.

"Can I get you something to drink miss?" A flight attendant came by.

"A coffee would be great." She responded with a smile.

"Another coffee? Summer we only have like an hour left of the flight." Hyunjin laughed at her from the seats across.

"I gotta watch over these two boys. I can't be sleeping on the job." She laughed.

"Wait you guys look cute. Let me take a picture." Seungmin once again popped up from over the seat.

"God you keep scaring me." She laughed, "You could have woken them up."

"Sorry. Sorry. He laughed as he took a picture." Summer was smiling with the two boys sleeping on her.

———

A little more than an hour into their flight, the turbulence started. It wasn't super bad at first. Minho and Jisung, who were still laying on Summer, were sleeping through it so far.

"Are you not uncomfortable?" Chan asked from the row next to her.

"I'm good we only have a little longer. I don't want to wake them up." She rubbed Jisung's head. Just then the plane fell a bit, causing a small ruckus between passengers. She felt both boys hold onto her, "Hey it's okay." She comforted them. She rubbed both their backs and they leaned into her.

"How much longer do we have?" Minho asked with a shaky voice.

"I think about thirty minutes." She replied.

"Thirty minutes of this?" Jisung said.

"But i'm here so everything is okay." Summer said, "I won't let anything bad happen."

"You aren't God." Minho looked at her.

"Who said?" She smiled at him which immediately made him feel a bit better. She talked with the two about anything to keep their minds off of the plane.

"Summer. I don't think i've ever asked you, what song did you sing for your audition for JYP?" Minho asked her.

"Flawless, by The Neighbourhood." She replied, "It was one of my favorite songs at the time."

"Can you sing it?" He asked her.

"Right now? We're on a plane full of people Minho." She laughed a little.

"I never said it has to be loud." He smiled.

"I want to hear it to." Jisung said, "Please it'll help calm us down."

"Okay fine." She laughed.

I fell in love today
There aren't many words that you can say
That could ever get my mind to change
She's enough for me, she's in love with me
You're a doll you are flawless
But I just can't wait for love to destroy us
I just can't wait for love
The only flaw, you are flawless
But I just can't wait for love to destroy us
I just can't wait for love

"You're a really good singer." Jisung whispered.

"I sure hope so otherwise I'm really useless in this industry." She laughed.

"Why'd you choose that song?" Minho asked her.

"It's a song Jacob would have wanted to hear me to sing. He loved music like that." She smiled.

"You don't talk about him too much." Jisung said, "Tell us about him."

"I'll start crying Ji." She already felt tears in her eyes, "It's hard to talk about someone you loved so much who isn't here anymore." She looked down, "I'd like to write a song about him. Sometime, when I get better at writing songs."

"I'll help you." Jisung told her.

"I'd love that."

"I know you used to write notes to him sometimes. Do you still do that?" Minho asked her.

"I have a box of all the letters i've written to him. It's how I talk to him. For someone who was in my life for such a short time he really meant a lot to me." She laughed a little as some tears fell down her cheeks, "Imagine if something happened to one of you guys. I don't think i'd ever recover."

"Nothing will happen to us Summer. I promise that." Minho smiled at her.

"I know it won't. I'd take a million bullets before I'd let anything happen to any of you." She hugged them tight.

"We will be down in about ten minutes everyone. Thank you for flying with us and may I be the first to welcome you to Tokyo." The captain spoke.

"See that flight wasn't so bad." Summer laughed a little.

"Because you helped us." Jisung told her, "Thank you."

"It's no problem at all."

"No not just this. Thank you for everything Summer." He looked serious.

"I hope you know each of us would take a million bullets for you too." Minho told her.

"Not if I take them first." She smiled.

A/N: like I said before, I have a ton of drafts so i'm starting to think more about my next book, maybe a text fic? maybe like an au of some sort? Lmk what you'd like to see next either here or the requests space please :) I love you all so much stay safe and healthy <3