81 / Songs

Now that everyone she knew she wasn't safe, even out of the country, all of them were a million times more careful. Summers face would not be shown anywhere in public, unless it was a concert or an idol event. But she could still be herself at JYPE and home, which she felt were the only places she was really safe.

"Okay do you like this line?" Chan asked her, today they were recording her songs for SKZ REPLAY. Jeongin and Minho were going to join them later for the recording of Sweetheart Rain. However there was still a lot to be written with that song, since they hadn't had a lot of time yet. She started off with recording 'Precious'.

"I do, but maybe we could change it to this." She said. Her and Chan were making sure all the lines written for the song were lined up and fit well. The song was sounding fantastic so far. They were just fixing a few more things before she got into the booth to record. As she was singing one of the parts of her song, Jisung and Changbin walked in. She continued singing the bridge as she did not notice them.

Maybe if I was there,
Maybe I could have stopped it,
Maybe you'd still be here,
Maybe you could have held my hand through it,
Oh, precious life

The two sat and listened to her sing it, mesmerized by her passion behind this song. You could tell in her voice how much it meant to her, "It seems like we have some visitors." Chan said into the microphone when she finished singing.

"Jisung! Changbin!" She ran out of the booth and hugged them.

"Good morning Summer." They smiled at her. In order to protect her, Summer and Chan had to get to JYP around 3 in the morning, when barely anyone was out. This means it was just the two of them for quite some time.

"What time is it?" She asked them.

"8am." Jisung replied after looking at his phone.

"Only?" She laughed, "I'm going to need a nap today."

"We can't take you back to the house until late tonight," Chan said, "You can nap in my studio on the couch later if you need."

"I will be taking you up on that." She smiled at Chan.

"You seem happy." Changbin said.

"I'm always in a good mood around my boys." She rubbed his head.

"Summer. It's okay to not be." Changbin looked up at her. She was taken off guard, "You can be scared. You don't have to act like it's alright."

"I almost died Changbin. In one second I could have been gone. I'm singing a song about how precious life is. I'm cherishing every moment with you boys. You're my favorite people and even if something happens to me I want to make sure that I always had the best time with you all. Of course i'm scared. I'm terrified. I don't sleep at night. I'm not happy because everything is alright, I'm happy because i'm still here, because I didn't die, because I can still wake up to you eight boys every day." She sat down on the couch in between Changbin and Jisung, "I love you all more than words can describe." She put her arms around them.

"You're not going anywhere." Jisung hugged her, "No stupid fucking clown is going to take you away from us. We'd never let that happen."

"I know." She laid her head on his.

———

After recording both Precious and Queen Of Clubs, it was around 1pm, they had been there for 11 hours and she was exhausted, "Chan what time are Minho and Jeongin coming?"

"In a few hours. You want to nap?" He smiled at her.

"Please." She nodded.

"We're going to work on one of Han's songs in here, it may be a little loud but you can sleep on the couch here, or if you want to go into my office you can." He said.