138 / Crybaby

Summer took the day after they got back from Paris to catch up on the sleep she had lost due to time zones. But to be honest it was also to just get some alone time after everything that happened in America on the tour. As she slept, the boys had a plan. They knew she felt better than she did at the beginning of their encore tour in the US. They knew she was doing better, but she was still doubting herself. She had her shiny self back but she had become more insecure and felt inferior to her members and everyone around her due to all the hate she had received. The hate comments are the ones that stand out. Even in seas of wonderful comments, she'd always focus on the bad ones. They knew what they had to do.

———

"So why'd you call us here?" She asked. It was the next day by now. She had woken from her long slumber to Chan saying they had to meet at JYP for an announcement about their new album.

"We're adding another song." He said shortly.

"Wait what? This late?" Felix looked at him like he was crazy.

"We haven't even mentioned it to the public yet. It'll be okay." Chan smiled at Felix, "This song is a little different from the other songs on this track. Jisung?"

"I wrote it." He smiled, "With the help of Chan and Changbin obviously." He laughed a little, "But It was mostly me. I wrote it because it's an incredibly special song." She could tell he was nervous for some reason.

"Will we have time to record it?" Hyunjin asked.

"Yes. It will be finished very quickly. But for now there is a demo that we would like to play for you all." He typed something on the laptop, "Listen very carefully to the lyrics." He looked directly at Summer which the thought was strange.

Lookin' at yourself
A lot goes in your mind
I don't know if i'm ready to show myself
You worry day and night

She enjoyed it, thinking it was gorgeous and such a sweet, kind, loving song. She assumed it was dedicated to STAY and 3RACHA recorded a short demo for them to listen to. But her jaw dropped when she heard Hyunjin's voice in the next lines.

Look at the stars fall
They leave the sky, goodbye
Must be an oracle, like a waterfall
They shower you with love tonight

"Hyunjin-" She pointed to him with a confused expression, "You-" Felix put a finger to her lips, making her stop talking a listen as Hyunjin looked at her with a wide smile.

Cause you are
You're perfect in my eyes
You are
Dont ever doubt yourself

She turned to the boy beside her, still confused as to why him and Hyunjin were already in the song. He had the same smile as Hyunjin, as he looked to her signaling her to keep listening.

I know that feeling too
I've been inside the dark
I've never been so empty, hopeless

She didn't find it odd that Changbin was in it, but what she found odd was the same smile Felix and Hyunjin had was now plastered on to each boys face. She looked around at all of them, still confused.

But no it isn't true

She immediately turned to Jisung when she heard his voice.

Cause know that all the stars are by your side

He mouthed the words along to the song, as he motioned to all the boys as the stars, pointing at her when he mouthed 'by your side'. That's when she knew.