120 / Comeback

The next few days were spend recording songs for their new Comeback, 5 Star. Summer was incredibly excited for this comeback after hearing the demos for the songs back when it was first announced. The group had done some recording before, but due to the busy tour schedule they got drawn away from it. So now that they were back home for a bit it was crack down time. Today they were going to record ITEM, Hall Of Fame and DLC.

"Summer come here." Chan ordered.

"Yes sir." She replied and made her way over to him. He, Changbin and Han were all setting up the recording booth to start recording ITEM.

"You know the beginning and chorus of ITEM?" He spoke.

"Yeah." She nodded, "The ones that Changbin and Felix sing."

"Changbin wants you to have one of those verses." He stated. She looked at him like she saw a ghost, "He thinks it would be very effective to listeners if we show the deeper raspier side of you voice. You don't have to do this, but as a team we concluded that we think you can do it, and make it sound great.

"I will try my best." She smiled. She was nervous as hell, she knew that those lines were meant to be sung by someone with a very manly voice. Summer is not a man, but she would try her best.

———

She took a deep breath before entering the recording booth, "You ready?" Chan laughed.

"As ready as i'll ever be." She laughed too as she pulled up her notes.

"You want to go straight for that chorus?" Chan asked.

"Let me practice it a few times. Can you guys give me feedback?" She asked.

"Of course we can Haeun." Chan smiled.

Item Item I ate them Pac-man
Item Item I at-

"Hold on how do I do that part?" She laughed.

"You have to like say it really fast and jumble your words together." Changbin spoke, "It sounds more like 'I anemo' If that helps." He laughed a little.

"Can you make your voice even deeper and raspier?" Chan asked, "Literally pretend your Changbin."

"Changbin impression time." She laughed as she sang it again.

Item item I ate them pac-man
Item item I ate them all game set

"That was good." Chan spoke, "Say the I ate them all part a little faster though."

"Okay okay." She took a deep breath before taking one more practice rap.

Item item I ate them pac-man
Item item I ate them all game set

"You sound like if Changbin and Felix had a daughter." Jisung laughed, "It's perfect."

"I'm just thinking about how i'll have to preform with this deep raspiness." She laughed.

"You ready to record for real?" Chan asked.

"Hit it let's go." She nodded.

Item item I ate them pac-man
Item item I ate them all game set

"I can't wait for people to be so confused over who's singing that part." Changbin giggled menacingly.

"I think we can move on to another line. That sounded perfect." Chan smiled at her. Jisung was behind him with his thumbs up and a huge smile on his face, which made her smile automatically. She sat in the studio as Jisung recorded his parts in the song. She sat, intrigued as always to listen to her boyfriend's raw talent. She had her jaw on the floor almost the whole time. How did she get to work with such talented people? Jisung noticed her watching him as he smiled at her a few times.

"Was that one good?" He asked Chan.

"You got someone drooling over here so I guess so." He laughed as he turned to Haeun.

"Shut up I was not." She leaned back on the couch as if she hadn't been watching Jisung this whole time.

———

Not too long later she was back in the booth for Hall Of Fame. She was excited for this song as she had quite a few lines, "Okay so first we'll do the chorus you and I are going to split." Chan spoke, "For the first one you have the lines, 'Hear the people call my name' and 'unveil the rumbling' then for the second chorus you and I switch, so you'll have the other two lines in that one. Sounds good?"

"Don't I sing the bridge with Seungmin right before the second chorus?" She asked.

"Yes you do." He smiled, "You have quite a lot to sing at the end of the song."

"I'm not complaining." She laughed. Chan played the music which had a pre-recorded demo on it of him singing so she knew when her lyrics started. Those two choruses went smoothly as she sang beautifully. Next was her Galileo line in the beginning, and then after was her bridge which would be layered with Seungmin's voice.

I want more, the hall of fame
Numerous records, I'll make 'em always

"Can you try to go even higher at the end? I want you and Seungmin to hit that note together." Chan spoke. She nodded. Before her next attempt at the line she took a deep breath, getting ready for the high note at the end.

I want more, the hall of fame
Numerous records, I'll make 'em always

She had her eyes closed as she sang the last note, the three boys all smiled hearing her hit it. Especially her sweet boyfriend, who was always first to be proud of her. No matter what she did, he was always proud of her, always looking at her with such admiration. She reciprocated this all the time, always seeing him as perfect. Sure they both had their little quirks, but in the end they both adored and admired each other so much.

———

Once again she was back recording. Even though there was eight other members, she felt like the time it took to record everything was nothing. She barely even had time to eat. She didn't mind though, she enjoyed recording. She was especially excited for DLC, as she was almost 100% sure she wasn't going to have to use that deep raspy voice for that. As much as she loved the idea of Stay being surprised by her abilities, yet again, she was worried about preforming and having to sing those parts. She could do it in the studio, but she was worried about concerts and shows.

"Let's start with the 'amudo moreuge' part okay?" Chan smiled at her. By now they were all quite tired of recording, but just had to finish this one song to go home and get some rest before more recording.

"Okay." She waited for the music.

아무도 모르게

She was confident in her efforts for this song, unlike the other two, this one was much more in her comfort zone, "Perfect." Chan said, Jisung had his head resting in the palm of his hand as he watched her sing her next verse.

Nobody, Nobody
Please don't care about me, it's okay
Let's go crazy until the sun rises

She smiled as she looked to Jisung who was smiling brightly at her. She gave him a small smile as she listened to Chan's feedback. It didn't take long until she had finished. But she didn't feel like leaving quite yet. She decided to sit on the floor next to Jisung.

"You aren't going home?" He asked as Felix entered the booth.

"No. I'll wait for you three." She leaned her head on his leg.

"We're gonna be here for a while making sure everything is good." He said.

"That's okay. I want to be with you." She kissed his leg. Jisung ruffled her hair in response as he smiled to himself, happy she was staying. She listened to Felix and Lee Know record, but soon fell asleep, still leaning on Jisung's leg as Seungmin sang in the booth.

A/N: All of the sudden all the chapters i've been writing are like really boring but i promise there's some drama arising soon