Chapter 1

I stuck the last of my possessions into my bag before throwing it over my shoulder. I glanced around my bedroom, my old bedroom. Thanks to my dad sleeping with a girl way younger than him, my mum decided to pack up and move far away from him, Australia. She and the rest of her family rented a house in Sydney and decided it was time to move into it. Unfortunately, I have to move to a whole new school and make whole new friends.

It's hard for me to make friends because of the socially awkward person I am. I'm actually surprised I have the friends I do.

"Gemma?" My mum called up the stairs. "Are you ready to go?" I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of her voice.
"Yeah." I answered before closing the bedroom door. I walked down the stairs to be greeted by my mum and 10 year old brother Jacob. My best friends Caspar and Chloe where also waiting for me along with some other family relations.

After a few minutes of saying goodbye to everyone they all left and we jumped into the car-not literally obviously. I couldn't help but feel sadness over taking my body knowing I was never going to see this house again. I was hardly ever going to see Caspar and Chloe, my friends of over ten years.

We arrived at the airport in less than half an hour and Mum sorted out for our car to travel to Sydney before we headed inside.

I loved and hated the airport. I loved browsing round and testing the perfumes, but I hated the stressing around with the boarding passes and suitcases. I also hated being scanned. I know I have nothing to hide, but I probably look guilty as hell.

We sat down waited for our plane to be called when my eyes darted over to a Starbucks. "Hey I'm just getting a drink." I smiled, standing up.
"Don't be long, our plane will be called soon."

I enter through the door and the strong smell of coffee instantly hits me. I walk over to the till and wait in line.
"Hi can I help you?" A cute brown haired boy asks.
"Hey can I get a regular hot chocolate please." I grin back.
"What's your name?" He asks holding the pen. "Gemma." I say.
"That a beautiful name." He speaks when he's finished writing.
"Thankyou" I smile back. I pay for my drink and exit, giving the cute boy a wave.

I sit back down with mum and Jacob sipping away at my hot chocolate.
"So are you excited?" Mum asks.
"I guess," Jacob grunts not looking up from his DS.

"How about you?" Mum sighs looking over to me.
"I suppose I am." I smile.

Not long after, our plane is called and everyone rushes from their seats.

"Okay have we got everything? Don't forget your phone Gemma. Jacob please put the DS away!" Mum said taking the DS away.

"Mum, it's fine." I reassure her. She nods and carries on walking. I go to throw the empty hot chocolate cup in the bin, but place it in my luggage bag to remember the cute guy behind the counter.
'It'll look good in my room' I thought to myself as I boarded the plane.