Chapter 19

It was finally the Christmas season. We had a week left of school which would fly by anyway. We were currently decorating the tree together. "Can I put the star on top?" I asked hanging a bauble in the branch. "No I want to!" Jacob moaned. "Well I'm taller!" I said. "And you can't reach." I say taking the start from his grip. "Mum!" He moaned. "Jacob, let Gemma do it." Mum says brushing her fingers through his hair. I stuck my tongue out at him and placed the star on top. Jacob scurried over and switch the lets on to make the tree glow. "It looks great!" Mum said adjusting a bauble which which slowing falling off.

"Can I go over to Michaels today?" I asked reading the message Michael sent me. "Yeah but be back soon." She smiled. She was always in a happier mood around Christmas. I skipped upstairs and threw on a hoodie and jeans before waking over to Michaels. I knocked in the door and he allowed me inside. "So what are we doing today?" I asked. "Putting up a tree." He smirked.

"What?" I laughed. "Mum left me to put this up all on my own, an I have no clue what to do." He started. "I've literally just decorated mine." I say sitting down. "Well then you can help me then can't you?" He smiled. "Fine!" I say.

"And done!" Michael says as he places the last string on tinsel on the tree. "It looks amazing!" I say as he wrapped his arm around me. "Here." He said handing me a drink. "Thankyou." I smile. "So what shall we do now?" I add. "It's up to you. I have the entire house." He says. "We should bake cookie!" I squeal. "Really?" He says raising an eyebrow. "Come on it'll be fun!" I grin leading him over to the kitchen.

We had to buy most of the ingredients to make gingerbread men-everything was a complete disaster. I managed to find a recipe online and tries to follow the instructions, but Michael wasn't interested. "Help me!" I say looking over to him. "What do you want me to do?" He asked laughing. "Pre-heat the oven." I said sharply.

"Is this flour?" He asked scooping some out of the packet. "Michael, put it down." I say glaring into his eyes. He didn't put it down, be blew it in my face! "Michael!" I scream as he runs around the kitchen. "You're dead!" I said chasing after him with the packet of flour.

We where both too busy having a flour fight, we forgot about the gingerbread men. "Oh shit." Michael laughed taking them out the oven. "They're burnt!" I said picking one off the tray. "This is your fault for blowing flour in my face." I say. "You said it would be fun." He laughed. "Whatever." I say cleaning up the mess.

"You don't have to do that." Michael said taking the cloth from my hands. "What are you going to do it?" I said easing an eyebrow. "Later I will." He said picking me up and kissing me.