Chapter 8

The beach was cold and I could hear the waves crashing into each other. It was nice to get some fresh air though. "So why have you always wanted a midnight adventure?" I asked as we came across some rocks to sit on.

"It's cool! Don't you think?" He answered.
"I guess." I replied. It's not very often I sneak out to go to the beach with a boy I've only known less than a week.

*MICHAELS POV*

"Gemma are you okay?" I asked. She looks really pale and she was shivering.
"I'm just cold." She smiled.
"Wanna get some food?" I suggested.
"Okay." She agreed.

I walked her away from the beach and into the town with the street lights setting a gentle dim on us so we could see everything more clearly. "Where shall we go?" I asked.

"Well there's not many options since its 1am." She laughed.
"Good point."

We walked into McDonald's and took our orders before sitting at a booth.
"I've never had McDonalds at this time before." She said whilst eating a fry.
"Me neither to be honest," I said. "So how was your first day at school?" I asked.

"It was okay I suppose." She replied.
"Ready for tomorrow?" I said as I unwrapped my burger.

"Well I'm not going to get much sleep am I?" She laughed.
"It's fine. I'll come later tomorrow so you won't need to get up until about 7." I told her.

Once we finished our food, we took the shortcut home through the park. I watched her climb through the window of her bedroom before running back across to my own house. I hadn't been in long before my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.
"Michael it's me." Gemma spoke. I didn't even look at the called ID before I answered. "What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"I still have your hoodie." She laughed.
"It's fine, you can keep it for if we go on more adventures." I smirked.

*YOUR POV*

I put the phone down and hung the hoodie up in my wardrobe. It was nearly 2 am and I had to get up by 7. I wasn't going to sleep much tonight.

I plugged my phone in to charge and poured myself a glass of water. I snuggled into my warm duvet and fell asleep almost instantly.

-

"Gemma!" I heard my mum shouting my name. "Gemma!" She said again. "Gemma!"

This time it was louder and my eyes shot open. "Come on its nearly 7!" She yelled.
"I'm up!" I said rushing out of bed and throwing on the nearest pair of jeans and tshirt I found.

I quickly brushed my hair and applied my makeup, wasn't going anywhere without that! I had just brushed my teeth when Michael knocked on the door.

"Bye mum!" I shouted before we set off to school. "I'm getting a coffee," I said as we came closer to Starbucks. "I didn't eat this morning."

We walked in and I ordered a coffee to take out.
"Let me guess," Michael started. "You got up late this morning?" He smirked.
"Obviously. Thanks to you and your midnight adventure." I laughed.

I payed for my coffee and thanked the woman behind the till. I grabbed my drink and we headed to school.