Chapter 32

I looked at myself in the mirror. For the first time in forever, I actually felt pretty. I had my makeup professionally done by one of my mums friends "You look beautiful!" Mum says looking at me from behind. "Thanks" I smile. "Amy and Katie are downstairs." She says. "I'm coming." I follow mum and head downstairs.

"Katie decides to go for a pale pink dress which reaches the floor, whereas Amy, went for a short Navy dress. I wasn't wearing a short dress for everyone to see my scars - which had gotten a lot worse, luckily, I managed to hide my scars and depression well.

"So how are we getting to prom?" I ask smiling. "There's someone outside for us." Katie smiles. We take a few pictures before heading outside to see a gorgeous, white limousine waiting for us. "Who booked this?" I ask turning around.

*MICHAEL POV*

I quietly step out of the limousine and close the door. "We didn't book it." Katie says. "Mum?" I ask. Amy coughs, signalling for Gemma to turn around. She turns around and were stood a few feet apart. "Surprise!" I say awkwardly. "MICHAEL!" She runs up to me and wraps her arms around me. I missed her so much. "You look, stunning." I say pulling away. "Don't look to bad yourself." She smirks.

We all climb into the limousine and make our way to prom.

*YOUR POV*

We arrive not long after and crawl out the vehicle. There's so many people and they all look amazing. There's so many colourful dresses around and smart suits. "Calum, Luke and Ashton are somewhere around here." Michael explains. "We'll catch you up." Katie whispers before they disappear.

"So, how come you're here?" You ask. "I don't mean to sound rude - not that I don't want you here. Because I do-" I stop talking since Michael starts laughing. "We requested to come back for prom so I could take you." He smiled. "That's so sweet." You grin. "Hey guys!" Calums says walking up to you. "Hi Calum." You say as he gives you a quick hug.

"Gemma!" Ashton yells. "You look amazing!" He smiles. "Thankyou." You smile back. "Gemma!" Luke grins. "Hey." You smile. "Oh we met Chloe!" Ashton spoke. "Oh yeah, Luke got a date with her." Calum says, nudging him. "No I didn't." Luke blushes. "You guys would look cute together." You say. "See! Even Gemma agrees!" Ashton says. Your eyes dart over and you see Amanda. She's dressed in a dark purple dress, her black hair is curled and she's caked in makeup. She raises her eyebrows at me and laughs. I turn around and just ignore her

The prom wasn't too bad. I spent most of it with the 4 boys, catching up on everything that's happened before meeting Amy and Katie. "So you ready to go?" Michael asked. "Yeah sure." You say.
"Gemma?" Oh great who now! You turn around and see your therapist, Lucy is her name. "Oh hi." You speak. "How you doing?" She asks. "I'm fine." You say nervously. "Glad your doing well. Take it Michael knows now." She smiles. You stand there and awkwardly nod before she smiles and walk off.

"Michael knows what?" He asks confused. "It's nothing." You say. "Well it must be something. Who even was she?" He asked. "Fine, she's my mums friend. I was ill a few a couple of weeks back and I had a week off school. Told you it wasn't even that bad." I lie. He smiles and drives us home. "So do you want to come in?" Michael asks. "I'd love to, but I really have to head home." You speak. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Yeah sure." You smile before walking into your house.