Chapter 27

So that's it. I've been diagnosed with depression. My mum forces me to see a therapist weekly, but it just hurts even more. Spilling out most things that are bottling up inside my every week is horrible. I silently cry myself to sleep each night so my mum can't hear me. I'd hate for her to see me in such a wreck.

As for Amanda, she hasn't stopped. She even managed to get more people to join in and pick on me. Amy walks with me to school every morning and walks me home because she doesn't want to leave me. I told nobody about my depression because I was scared everybody would find out.

I sat in the same chair I do every week and wait for my therapist. "Hi Gemma." She smiles, finally walking in. "How are we this week?" She asks. "Fine." I mutter. "Good." She nods. "So what's been happening?"
"Nothing." I shake my head.
"At all?"
"Nope."
"Nothing at school?"
"No."
"Well-" she starts.
"No offence, because your a really nice person." I say standing up. "But this isn't helping. I mean, it's the same conversation every week, and it does nothing. "
I walk out and wander down a few corridors before I reach the exit. I inhale the fresh air which I desperately needed, and begin to walk home.

I know mum will be mad I walked out, but it wasn't any good. "Gemma?" She says when I walk in. "Why did you walk out?" I awkwardly walk through to meet her. "Mum-" I start. "That therapy is extra help for you."
"Mum, it really isn't."
"You might not think it is, but you're getting somewhere!"
"How? She Asks the exact same questions, and they do nothing!"
"You might not realise now but you will later on! Besides, you've only been going for 4 weeks!"

I sigh and break down into an emotional wreck. "I can't do it mum!" I cry. "It's too hard to go in there and answer the same boring questions week after week. It's slowly killing me!"
"I promise, it will all be worth it." Mum says playing with my hair.

While I settle into decide to text Michael and ask how the tour was going. I text him almost every night, but I haven't told him about my depression yet, I didn't want to. I quickly sent a text asking he was and how was the tour before snuggling into bed.
"Yeah she's really upset about the whole thing." I hear mum talking through phone next door. "She'll be back next week, I promise. Okay Thankyou." She's silent before I hear footsteps approaching my door. It's slowly opened to reveal my mum.

"Hey, just though I'd let you know that the therapist is fine with what happens today and understands." She smiles. "Ok." I nod. She quietly leaves and I feel a tear slide down my cheek. I don't want to go back. I'm doing fine in my own - I think!