Chapter 2

I sat in my allocated seat which was next to the window. I dug around my bag to find my phone and ear phones.
"Not yet Gemma," Mum watches me.
"Why?" I moan.
"We have to wait until the plane sets off." She says. I pick up a magazine from the back of the seat in front of me and start flicking through it.

"Please fasten your seatbelt's as we are about to take off." The pilot spoke. I fastened my seatbelt and plugged in my earphones.

I must have drifted off to sleep because when I flickered my eyes open, Greenday was quietly playing in the background and mum was calling my name.
"Gemma wake up." She spoke.
"What?" I mumbled sitting up in my seat. "Foods here, if you want any." She handed me a tray. It was some kind of pie which looked disgusting.
"I'll pass." I said settling back into my seat and handing the tray back.
"Suit yourself."

We landed not long after that and it was mid-afternoon. We managed to collect our bags and wait outside for our car. Once we found it, mum drove us to our house.

"Here we are!" She said after a short while. "Our new home." She smiled.
"Great." Jacob said. He might only be 10, but he knew exactly what was going on. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.
"The rest of our furniture should be here soon but your rooms are all done." Mum spoke handing us a few boxes from the car.

We walked in and set the boxes on the floor. Luckily, mum had friends nearby who decorated the house for us before we arrived. I kept hold of the boxes which were mine and headed upstairs. I entered my room and it was just how I wanted it. I had the front room and the walls where all white. My carpet was a creamy colour and my furniture was also white. I had my desk which already had my Apple Mac sat there. I placed the boxes on my bed which held all of my posters. One by one, I stuck them on the opposite wall from my bed.

I took out my pictures which I had taken and attached them to a string of fairy lights which dangled from above my bed.

"This looks nice." Mum smiled, entering my bedroom looking around.
"Thanks." I smiled, hanging the last photo.
"So, I bumped into the neighbours across the road whilst unpacking," mum spoke "and they've invited us over for dinner later." She finished.
"Tonight?" I asked.
"Yeah. I know it's not ideal since the rest of our furniture hasn't arrived yet, but it will be here in the next hour." She nodded,