Chapter 23

I apply the last of my eyeliner before taking one last look at myself in the mirror. It was finally the new year and it was Calums party. "Ready?" Mum asked peaking her head around the door. "Yep!" I smile. Turns out Michael was waiting for me downstairs.

"Bye mum!" I called and we jumped in a taxi to Calums. "You look really pretty!" Michael spoke. "I haven't told you yet." He added."Thankyou." You blush. "Hey!" Calum says opening the door. "Hi!" You grin giving him a hug. "Happy new year!" You say at the same time. A few people had already arrived so it wasn't that busy.

"I don't want to ruin your night but what time do you leave tomorrow?" You ask. "About 2." Michael says bluntly. You smile and dropped the conversation there. "Gemma!" You heard Ashton shout. "Michael!" I said approaching you. "When did you get here?" He asked. "About an hour ago." You laugh. "What? Really?!" He laughs. "Yeah!" Michael says.

"Amy!" You smile seeing her. "You're here!" She grins hugging you."Happy New Year!" She says. "You too!" You smile. "So you okay?" She asks. "I'm okay." You start. "Not even thinking about tomorrow." You say. "You know, it's okay, I know what you're going through." Amy says. "You do?" You asked confused. "Yeah something similar happened to me." She nodded.

"Do you kind me asking what happened?" You ask "Yeah sure!" She smiled. "It was last year, my best friend at the time, Marcus, was like into traveling and shit." She starts. "He decided to go on a two month trip to Japan, and liked it so much he stayed for another seven months. He's still traveling somewhere today. I haven't been in touch with him since." Amy finishes. "That's so sad. You lost your best friend?" I asked looking at her with sad eyes. "I guess." She nodded. I understood how Caspar and Chloe must have felt when I left.

"Gemma!" I heard Michael call. "I'll see you soon." I smile to Amy and wander off to Michael. "We have to go soon, it's almost 1am and we have to get up pretty early tomorrow." He explains. "Yeah sure." You smile. "I love you." He smiled at me. "I love you too." I say before he kisses me. "Woah get a room!" Luke says as he walks past.

We head off not long after that. "You looked beautiful tonight. Did I tell you that?" Michael says. "Yes. You did." I smile. "Well you deserve to hear it again." He smirks. He walks me up to my door and stares into my eyes for a short while before passionately kissing me.

"Bye Michael." I pull away and smile before walking in. I change and climb into bed. I thought I was just going to spill out all the tears I had been saving all night but nothing came out. I didn't want to cry, but it was the only way to get my emotions out.

I couldn't sleep thinking about Michael leaving me. I managed to finally drift off at about 6am.