Chapter 5

I packed the last of my things into my backpack and collapsed onto my bed. It was late Sunday night and school was starting tomorrow. I remembered my text from Chloe, I still hasn't answered her back. I took my phone off my desk and went to send her a text.

'Hi Chloe! Sorry I didn't answer you back soon, I've been really busy. I'm going to school tomorrow so wish me luck! :) Tell Caspar he's an idiot and better get a phone soon so I can call him! I miss you too! I'm also sorry if this affects you and your sleeping ;) Love you!! Xxxxxxx'

"Gemma!" My mum called just as I sent the message.
"Yeah?" I asked as I rushed down the stairs. "Karen just called to say Michael is calling for you tomorrow?" She asked.
"Yeah so I don't have to walk alone." I said.

"That's great. You're finally making some new friends." She smiled.
"Yeah but I'm still keeping in touch with Chloe and Caspar. They're my best friends." I started. "I know but you're at the other side of the world from them now-" she started to explain but I cut her off.
"Don't you think I know that? Just because I've hung out with Michael a few times doesn't make him my new best friend!" I yelled before running back upstairs and slamming the bedroom door.

I changed into my pyjamas and wiped off the little makeup I had on and settled into bed.

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm clock. Great! School period was here. I skipped breakfast because I knew I wouldn't have time. I threw on a different pair of black ripped jeans and a tshirt before I applied my foundation and mascara. I didn't want to wear too much since it was school after all.

I was just about ready when there was a knock at my door. I grabbed my bag and jacket before greeting Michael at the door.
"Hi." He smiled.
"Hello." I said as I shut the door.
"So you ready for school?" He asked as we walked down the drive way.
"Guess so." I shrugged.

I'd always hated school. The only thing I liked about it was getting to see my friends everyday, but the only friend I had here was Michael. "I hope you don't mind but my friend Ashton's walking with us today?" He asked. "I don't mind." I smiled at him.

We walked up to a small house and knocked on the door. A boy with dark blonde curly hair came walking out. "Hey Michael!" He said happily. He had a lot of energy in the morning. "You must be Gemma?" He asked. "Yeah." I nodded my head. "Well I'm Ashton." He smiled before we headed off to school.

"We'll also be meeting Calum and Luke at school," Michael explained. "If you want you can eat with us at dinner?" He asked. "If love to. I don't know anybody else here." I told him.

We reached the school gates after about 10 minutes of walking and headed inside.