Chapter 34

*MICHAELS POV*

'Hi Michael. I'm sorry for walking out on you last night. I've just got a lot on my mind right which I don't want to talk about with anyone. I think it's best if we have a break from each other. And by that I mean end our relationship. I love you Michael but I think it's best we end here. I'm sorry xx'

"Why would she do that?" Luke asked as I go finished reading out the message. "I don't know." I say. "What has she got on her mind?" Calum asks. "Whatever it is she doesn't want to talk about it." I reply. I can't believe she'd end it like this. "I'm going to head off." Ashton says before leaving.

*ASHTONS POV*

I leave Lukes and head straight for Gemma's. I knock on the door and there's no answer. I try to ring her and there's not answer. I try the door and it was unlocked. Me and Gemma are like brother and sister and it wouldn't be a surprise if she just walked into my house without even knocking. "Gemma?" I say. I hear a crash coming from the bathroom and try the door. It's locked.

"Gemma? Open up." I say. There's just sniffling. "Gemma please." I say

*YOUR POV*

"Gemma please." Ashton begs. Out of everybody, Ashton is one of the only people I could trust. Obviously, I could trust Michael, but Ashton was my best friend. I crawl over and unlock the door because scurrying back to my place. The door opens and Ashton walks in. "Gemma?" He says. There's blood everywhere and the blades thrown in the floor. My tears are coming out heavy and Ashtons arms are wrapped around me.

"Why?" He asks, with tears filling the brim of his eyes. I sit him down and tell him everything. About my depression, my therapy, self harm, leaving Michael. "But you can't tell anybody!" I finish. "You didn't you tell Michael?" He asks. "I didn't want anybody to know."
"I'm sure Michael would have understood."
"I don't want to tell him." You say sharply.

"Well, we need to help you get better." Ashton says. "Firstly," he stands up. "You won't need this." He picks up the blade. "Now, do you have any more?" He asks. "No." You nod your head. "I only have that one." You say. He nods and places it in your pocket. "No let's clean up, actually, I'll clean up while you sleep." Ashton says helping me up. "No you don't need to, I'll do it-" I started but he cut me off. "You're going to get some rest." He said as he guiding me to the bedroom.

I snuggled into the covers, I could hear Ashton cleaning up my mess. I tried to sleep, but it wouldn't work. A few minutes later, Ashton walls in. "Ashton," I say. "Yeah?"
"Does Michael hate me?" I ask.
"Course he doesn't hate you. Michael loves you."
"Really?"
"Really." He smiles. "Are you going to be Okay?" He asks.
"Yeah." I nod.
"If you need me, call me." He says before leaving.
I knew I could trust Ashton not to tell anybody.