Chapter 4

I woke up late the next day, thanks to jet lag. I made my way down stairs for some breakfast before getting ready to meet Michael.

"Morning sweetheart." Mum smiled.
"Morning." I grunted back, I wasn't really a morning person.

I settled with a piece of toast and a glass of orange juice. I decided to take a brisk shower before blow drying my hair. I just pulled it into a side braid since I was only walking around town. I wore less makeup than last night but still added the wing liner and blush. I added my lip gloss and changed into my black skinny jeans and All Time Low shirt.

I started to think about what if Michael doesn't even want to show me around? What if he has better plans? My phone went off to usher me out of these thoughts. It was from Michael.

'Hey, I'm ready to go if you are? Michael x'

*MICHAELS POV*

I sent the message and waited for her reply. Should I have added the kiss at the end? Will she want to meet up? I don't blame her if she doesn't!

'Yeah I'm ready, I'll come over? Gemma x'

I answered her saying yes and waited for the knock on my door. After a few moments, there was a small knock so I rushed downstairs and opened the door.

"Hey." She smiled.
Wow! She did look different than last night. Not a bad different, a good different.

I mean, I last saw her in a flowery dress and here she is in skinny jeans.
"Let's go." I said grabbing a jacket and leaving.

I showed her around the local neighbourhood and around the local town. We stopped off for a quick McDonalds before browsing through the shops and heading home.

*GEMMA'S POV*

We stopped outside my house after a quick walk from the park.
"Thankyou for today Michael." I said.
"Hey, no problem." He smiled back.

"So when will you be coming to school?" He asked.
"Monday." I answered.
"Would you like me to walk with you?" He asked shyly.
"That would be great." I grinned.
"Okay I'll text you later." He said before I headed inside.

I checked my phone to see a message off Chloe.

'Hey Gemma! Hope you're having a great time in Australia!! School really isn't the same without you. I would have text you earlier but I didn't know the time zones and stuff, I'm sorry if you're reading this at like 3am! Caspar would have text you but he dropped his phone in the bath so no longer has a phone. (He's an idiot?) Text me back when ever, I love you loads and loads!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)
P.s Don't forget about us! :p'

I wanted to text her back straight away but Mum wanted to take us out food shopping, and my phone died. I'd spent most of my time thinking about whether Michael wanted to meet me, I'd forgot to text Chloe and Caspar. I was missing them and dreading going to school without them. At least I have the weekend go get myself sorted.