Chapter 31

It was a few weeks after all the exam drama and the school prom was coming up in a few weeks. I was expecting to go with Michael, but since he's in England, I've decided not to go.

My phone buzzes and I see Amy calling me.
"Hello?"
"Heyy!!"
"What's up?"
"I was wondering if you wanted to come shopping with me and Katie?"
"I don't know." I reply
"Come on, we can shop for prom!" She says.
"Oh I'm not going prom."
"What!! You have to!"
"Well michaels not here so there's no point."
"Please come!" She begs. "It's like a once in a life time opportunity. It'll never happen again!"

Somehow I'm persuaded to go shopping with them both. It couldn't be that bad. We wander into the shopping centre, looking around for the perfect dress for Amy. "So I was thinking of a shade of pink, or blue would be nice." She explained. "Navy would really bring out your eyes." Katie adds. "What do you think?"

My eyes dart over to a gorgeous dress. It's a golden colour with a silver belt. Sequins run down it. I can't help but admire it. "Gemma?" Katie's says. "What?" I say. "Wouldn't navy look good on Amy?" Katie repeats. "Yeah it's look great. Look at this dress!" I said rushing over to it, admiring the golden glitter. "It's beautiful! How would it look on me?" Katie asks.

"Oh no, you can't have this one!" I say. "Why not?" She laughs. "Because it's mine." I say straight away. "I thought you weren't going?" Amy asks. "Erm, I've been thinking, I think prom would be a good idea." I smile. "Oh we could all go together!" Katie grins. "This is great!" Amy adds.

"Hey mum." I say walking in. "I want to talk to you about something."
"What is it?" She asks.
"I'd like to go to prom..." I say.
"Well that's fantastic!" She smiles.
"And I've seen this dress, and some silver glittery shoes that match the glittery silver belt!"
"Well we should go and get it!" She says excitedly.
"Are you sure?" I ask
"Yeah, I don't care how much the entire thing costs, it's all worth it to make you happy." Mum speaks.
"Thankyou so, so much!" I say hugging her.

We set arrive at the shop and I show her the dress.
"It's beautiful." She says. "It'll match your hair, and bring out the blueness in your eyes."
"You sure it's not too much?" I ask.
"Course now, now where are these shoes?"
I smile.