Chapter 30

I'd never been this bad with exams. Everything I revised, didn't stick. I couldn't remember anything. I mean, nobody likes the exam week or months, but I just felt like I had all this pressure on me. It didn't help that it was my last year in high school before moving on to college - if I worked hard for good grades.

I walked into school trying to remember everything studied last night. I decided to head up to the library and try to memorise some more stuff.

I stepped into the exam hall and say in my allocated seat. The tests were given out, and we where allowed to start. My mind went blank. I couldn't focus on a single thing. I couldn't think straight. Everything was a blur.

"Gemma, are you ok?" A teacher came up and whispered to me. "I feel like I'm going to pass out!" I say. "You look terrible." She says. She gets me out of my exam and takes me to the nurses office. I'm almost there when I suddenly can't see and I fall to the ground, everything was black.

I woke up in my own bed. I must have been transferred home. "You're awake." Mum spoke which made my jump. "What happened." I asked sitting up. "You fainted during your exam," mum starts. "Must be the stress." I nod in agreement and snuggle into bed. "I've called school and their going to let you resist your exams.

"Mum I can't go back in tomorrow." I beg. "How come?" She asks. "I can't think straight. I sit down and my mind goes blank. I just can't do it!" I cry. "I'm going to talk to school." She says standing up. "I'm going to tell them everything."
"Mum you can't!" I rush up. "I have to. They'll understand, their not going to tell everybody in your school are they?" Mum says. "I guess."

About an hour later, my mum walks in. "I've been in touch with school and they totally understand. They're letting you take your exams when your better." She explains. I just smile weakly at her before she leaves. I have a couple of texts from Amy and one from Michael.

'Hey, what happened? Xx'
'Hello Gemma, I heard you've gone home. Hope you okay :) xx'

'Hola! Good luck in your exams! Love you:) xxxx'

I want to answer back but I'm too tired so I just fall asleep and decide to answer them back in the morning.