Chapter 6

We sat down at a table and Michael whipped out his phone from his pocket. I had a full conversation with Ashton and he was a really nice guy. Not long after, 2 boys came and sat down with us. One was super tall with a blonde quiff and one was tan with dark hair.

"Hey Luke and Calum are here!" Ashton spoke. So these were Luke and Calum. "Guys," Ashton started. "This is Gemma, Michael was telling us about."
I shyly smiled at them both as they said hi.
"We need to go and get your timetable." Michael said, turning to me and slipping his phone back into his pocket.
"Okay." I smile as we both got up and I followed Michael.

"So now you've met the rest of us." He smiled. "Yeah," I chuckled. "Is Ashton always so happy?" I asked, laughing.
"Most of the time yeah." Michael laughed with me.
We stopped at an office and Michael took me inside.
"Miss, this is the new pupil." He started. "Ah yes, you must be Gemma." The headteacher smiled.
"I'll wait outside." Michael mouthed and I nodded back.

"We hope you're very welcome here " She started. "And you've already made friends with Michael out there I see." She smiled. I nodded back. "Well I'm Mrs Briggs, the head teacher here. Here is everything you'll need including your timetable." She handed me a pack. "You better go, don't want to be late do we." She grinned at me. I thanked her and left meeting Michael.

"So what are you in first?" He asked.
"English." I replied, flicking through my time table.
"I'm in geography. I'll take you," He said smiling. "I'll meet you here after lesson because I always get out of lesson early." He said smirking.
"Okay." I laughed.
"Don't leave without me okay?" He asked. "Okay!" I said still laughing.

I left Michael and walked into lesson. I felt about 30 pair of eyes all shoot towards me. "Can I help you?" The teacher asked.
"Yeah I'm erm Gemma, the new pupil?" I told her.

"Oh of course lovely to meet you Gemma, just take a seat at the back over there next to Ashton." She smiled. I looked over to see Ashton waving at you with a big smile. I smiled to yourself, thankful I was with somebody I know and walked over to the spare chair next to him.

"Hi!" He said excitedly.
"Hey," you said trying not to laugh.
"Just to let you know, English is pretty boring so don't be surprised if she starts talking about Shakespeare." Ashton told me.

He was right. English was boring here. When the bell finally rang, I couldn't wait to get out and meet Michael.
"So where are you going now?" Ashton asked as I packed everything away.
"I'm waiting for Michael outside." I threw my backpack onto my back.
"I'll wait with you then." He smiled. I walked through the door and Michael was already waiting for me.

"Told you I'd get here early." He smirked at me. The three of us walked down to the table we sat at this morning to see Calum and Luke already there. I didn't actually mind school if this was how the rest of the day was going to go.