Chapter 39

I finished writing and headed for the bathroom. I locked the door an dug out all the pills from my bag. I knew this would happen one day. I knew I'd turn to suicide when things got too difficult. When I couldn't take it anymore. I held the letter close to me as tears slipped down my cheeks. This was it. I emptied the packets and tubs into my mouth before painfully swallowing. I lay the pile of letters close to me before swaying to my room. I collapsed on the floor and fell into a deep sleep.

*ASHTONS POV*

One missed call. Two missed calls. Three missed calls. Why wasn't she answering? Was she okay? I jumped in the car to Gemma's. Usually if something was wrong, she'd call me and we'd talk until she was okay again. I knocked on the door. No answer. Knocked three times. No answer all three tries. Now I was getting worried. I looked everywhere for a spare key until I managed to find one hidden deep inside a plant pot.

"Gemma?!" I yelled rushing around downstairs. "Gemma?" I ran upstairs. I raced into her room and saw her lying there. "Gemma!" She wasn't breathing. What has she done?! I checked the bathroom. Bottles and empty packets where left of the pills she must of taken. I quickly called an ambulance and called her mum. There was one person left.

*MICHAELS POV*

I sat up in my room. My phone buzzed and I ran over, hoping it was Gemma. But it wasn't, Ashton was calling.

"Hey." I breathed.
"Urm hi." He said sadly.
"What's wrong Ash?"
"Something's happened."
"What? What's going on?" I said impatiently.
"It's Gemma."

Just as he spoke her name, an ambulance pulled up outside.
"What's going on?" I practically yelled down the phone.
"She tried to commit suicide, ok!" He shouted back.
"What!"
I hung up the phone and rushed downstairs and out the door. Ashton and Gemma's mum were stood outside as they carried Gemma's body ink the back of the vehicle.

"How did this happen?" I say, tears filling the brim of my eyes. "Here." Ashton said, handing me a letter. "I'll give you both a lift to the hospital."
I kept hold of the letter and hopped in the back of Ashtons car.

We arrived and was told to wait in the waiting room, and a doctor would keep us updated. I whacked out the letter and opened it.

'Michael, I'm so so sorry. There's something I really need to tell you, I guess I was just too scared to tell you to your face. Ever since you left for your tour, I became depressed. It got worse and worse. I started to see a therapist, the woman we saw on prom night. She wasn't my mums friend, it was my therapist. Not long before that, I started self harm, which is why I didn't want to come into yours after prom and why I left when I came to visit. Luckily, Ashton found me and helped me recover from self harm. The feelings I have for you will never go away, I love you! I guess the reason I left you was because I didn't want you to feel guilty or I didn't want you to Judge me. I'm so thankful for the amazing memories you have given me for near enough a year of us being friends. You where my first boyfriend, my first kiss and I'm so grateful for everything you have done for me. I will never be able to repay you. I don't want you to be sad I'm gone, you should be happy and remember the good times we shared together, not the bad times and the tough things have been through. I really hope this letter clears everything up that has happened over the past couple of months, if not, I'm sure my mum would love to talk.
I love you Michael,
Gemma<3