Chapter 25

I woke up early on the 5th January- the day I go back to school. I had to walk alone which was depressing. I arrived early and hid up in the library to start with some homework. "Gemma?" I heard someone say. I looked up to see Katie, the girl I met at the hallowe'en party. "Oh hey." I smiled weekly. "So how are you?" She smiled widely sitting down across from me. "I'm ok." I say dropping my pen on the table. "So what're doing?" She says. "Listen Katie, I'm kind of busy right now and I've got a lot on my mind at the minute. I don't mean to sound rude but I'd rather be left alone." I say.

"Oh, no problem. I'm here if you want to talk." She smiles getting up. "Thankyou." I say smiling back before getting started on my work again.

I walk into my art class and sit down in my usual place at the back. I watch as Amanda sits and chats with her friends. She hasn't bothered me since we first met, just a few comments here and there as I pass her on the corridor.

"Ooh, look who's sat all by herself." Amanda say, flicking her hair over her shoulders. "Where have they gone anyway?" She asks.
"You don't need to know." I say.
"They left you because they realised how much of a looser?" She laughed.
"They left me because they have a life." I reply.
"Unlike you?"
"Funny!"
"So where are they?"
"Like I said, you don't need to know."

"Why?"
"It's none of your business, that's why!"
"Like it's any of your business!" She scoffs. "You've only been going out a few months.
I slam down the piece of paper I was reading and turn to face her.
"If you really want to know, they've flown off to England for a 6 months tour since their in a band. If you really cared, you would have already known that!" I say.

She just stand there speechless. "I'd love for you to leave." I say turning back to the paper. She leaves without saying another word. I knew it wasn't over. I may have snapped, but she was a lot stronger than me and I instantly regret telling at her. I was actually prepared for the verbal abuse that was coming my way over the next 6 months.

Luckily, I got to work by myself that lesson and walked straight out of school, and into my house. "I'm home!" I say rushing upstairs. "How was your day?" Mum asks. "It was alright." I answer standing at the top of the stairs. "That's good." She smiles. I smile back and wander into my room. My phone buzzes and I rush towards it.

'Hey Gemma! I miss you already. How was your first day at school without us? ;) We have our first gig tonight, it might have already been because of the time zones. Hope your okay, I love you xxxxx'