Chapter 40

*MICHAELS POV*

There was nothing I hated more than hospital. I hated it. I hated it even more now Gemma was lying there. She could be dead. She could be alive. She could be dying. Anything could be happened.
A few minutes after finishing the letter, Calum came rushing through the doors.
"Is she okay? What's happening?" He asked sitting besides me.

"She tried to commit suicide." Ashton spoke. I was lost for words. I had a million different thoughts spiralling around my mind. Why didn't she tell me? Did she tell anybody?
"You okay?" Calum asked turning to face me. I shook my head a a tear fe down my cheek. "She'll be fine. Gemma's a fighter!" Calum nudged me. "Has anybody told Luke?" I spoke. "I've text him." Ashton says.

*LUKES POV*

"One second my phone went off." I say.
It was from Ashton.
'Hi Luke, Gemma's been rushed to hospital, she tried to commit suicide. Since you're in England, we'll keep you updated.'
"Chloe!" I yelled.
"Yeah?"
"Gemma's tried to commit suicide." I say.
"W-what? B-but why?" She stammered.
"I don't know. She's been rushed to hospital. Ash said he'd keep us updated."
"But I want to be there. She's my best friend." Chloe says. "I have to tell Caspar, he'll have to come too-"
"Chloe, you go tell Caspar to book a flight for tonight, I'll cancel ours too. We leave tonight, okay?" I say. "Okay." She chocked out.

*ASHTONS POV*

'I'm sorry Ashton. I tried. I really did. It all got too much for me. There's something else I should tell you too, ever since the four of you went away, Amanda hasn't stopped harassing me. Everywhere I went, she was there. She even got half of the school involved. I should have told you that too. I should have called you to talk me out of this, but I don't think I was ever going to get better. I think everybody who knew about it, knew I was getting worse. I've told Michael everything, but left out the part about Amanda, in letter. I'm so grateful for everything you've done. You've been like an older brother to me.
I love you Ashton
Gemma<3

Just as I finished the letter, a doctor came up to us. "Are you Gemma's mother?" He asked. "Yes, I am." She nodded, I could tell she was holding back the tears. We hoped the news we where about to hear was good, but I think we all knew it was the complete opposite.
"I'm really sorry.."