Chapter 18

My favourite time of the year was towards the end of November to the beginning of December. In England, it was the time when it got really cold and you could snuggle up in blankets with a hot drink watching films. Luckily, today was one of them days. Australia was wet and windy outside, so I invited Michael over to watch some films. I made us hot chocolates. Mine was topped with whipped cream and Michaels was sprinkled with marshmallows.

"So what do you want for Christmas this year?" I asked. "You don't have to buy me a present." He scoffed. "Michael I'm your girlfriend, of course I'm going to buy you a present." I laughed. "Well if you're going to buy me one, surprise me." He smiled. "Fine." I smiled back.

We put on the film 'Aladdin' and snuggled up under some blankets. Luckily, my mum wasn't home for a few days because she finally found herself a job. I had to look after Jacob but he was sleeping over at a friends house. "So, I know you'll probably be spending New Years Day here, are you?" Michael asked. "I don't know, last year I was allowed to go to my friends party later on." I said. "Well, Calums throwing a party, most people are going. I was thinking if you'd like to come?" Michael explained. "I'll persuade my mum." I smiled.

I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up, it was around half 6 and the film we where watching had been turned off. There was a note stuck on the TV.

'You fell asleep and I had to go home. See you tomorrow morning! :p xx M'

I smiled and stick the note in a drawer in my room. For some reason I always kept stuff like that. Little things that reminded me of great things that happened. I could take pictures of everything, but I wasn't taking a picture of myself when I looked like shit!

I wandered downstairs to see what food I had in. I dug out a pizza from the freezer and stuck it in the oven. I grabbed a blanket and wrapped it round me, switching in the TV and watching countless episodes of FRIENDS.

I stayed up until about 11 before I finally started getting tired. I quietly played music in the background as I drifted off to sleep. I only had a few weeks left in school before it was finally the Christmas holidays.