Chapter 33

*MICHAELS POV*

I was only back in Australia for a few days and I wanted to spend as much time as possible with Gemma. I really missed her and wanted to know everything that had happened since I'd been gone. I decided to ring her and see what she was up to later.

*YOUR POV*

You put the blade down and answered your phone.
"Hello?" You answered.
"Hey Gemma," Michael spoke. "What are you doing later?"
"Erm, I'm going out with my mum." You say
"What time will you get back?"
"I'm not sure." You lied. You had to see the therapist tonight.
"I was wondering if you'd like to come over?"
"Yeah sure." You say. You didn't want him to seem suspicious.
"Great, I'll see you soon."

You jump in the shower and wash the blood away, watching it wash away down the drain. You glance at your leg - all thanks to Amanda. You to promised yourself it wouldn't get this far, but you couldn't help yourself.

You quickly changed into comfy clothes - usually Michaels hoodie before you went to meet Lucy.

"Hi Gemma, how are you?" She smiled
"I'm fine." I say.
"Good, I saw you at prom the other night, how was it?"
"It was ok, I got to see Michael."
"About him," she starts. "Have you told him?"
"Nobody knows." I say sadly.
"I really think you should tell him-"
"No! I won't tell him. He'll want to stay here when he should fly back to England and he'll think it's all his fault." I speak.
"Well I guess it's your choice." Lucy says.

I leave the therapist and wander over to Michaels. I knock on his door and wait for him to answer. "Gemma!" He smiles hugging me. "Come in." I follow him in and sit down. "Drink?" He asks.
"I'm good." I smile.
"Anything to eat?"
"I've just eaten." I lie.
"Okay." He grins.

I feel so guilty- like I'm betraying Michael. But I don't want to tell him. I can't. I won't.

"You okay?" He asks. "You're quiet."
"I'm just tired. I didn't sleep very well last night." I say. It's true. I had to cry myself to sleep.
"You should have called." He said, sipping his drink.
"So when do you fly back?" I ask.
"Eager to get rid of me are you?" He smirks.
"I was just wondering." You force a smile.
"I have 3 days here." He says.
"Cool."
"I've missed you."
"I've missed you to." I reply.

"He leans over and kisses me. I kiss him back- I did miss him! The kiss becomes more complex and he reaches for the bottom of my jumper. I move his hand away and flinch away. "I'm sorry- I can't do this." I jump up.
"What?" He asked confused.
"I'm sorry." I say quickly walking out. I hear him following behind me but I run inside my house and upstairs. "Don't let him in!" I yell to my mum as he bangs on the door.

"What's wrong?" She asks walking in. "I can't be with him anymore." I cry. "I mean, it's killing me not being able to tell him what's going on." I explain. "Then maybe you should."
"But I don't want to. I don't want anyone to know."
"But you love him, don't you?" She asks.
"Course I do. Which is why I can't." I say. She leaves and I'm left with my thoughts. Maybe leaving him was the best idea. I mean, course I still loved him, but it might be easier to let him go.