Chapter 42

*LUKES POV*

The taxi pulled up outside michaels house. We grabbed our bags and ran to the door. Turns out the rest of the boys where already there because Calum answered answered the door. "Hey." He said sadly. "How is she? Is she okay?" Chloe asked dropping her bags. Everybody looked up at her as if she'd just murdered someone. "What?" She asked. "Erm, you don't know, do you?" Ashton asked.

Michael got up and left the room. "What's happened?" I ask. "Gemma passed away." Ashton explained. "W-what.." Chloe spoke, tears filling her eyes. She cried as Caspar held her. I couldn't help but feel useless in the moment. I could feel tears pricking the bottom of my eyes. Gemma was one of my best friends, and now she was gone. "Why did she do it?" I asked.

"She had depression." Ashton started. "She self harmed and Amanda bullied her at school."
"Amanda?" I asked shocked.
"Yeah."
"I should have known that Amanda was going to do something!" I spoke
"Why?" Calum asked.
"We were in art class together, and Amanda came over and started slagging her off but Gemma stuck up for herself." I explained.
"It's not your fault. It's that Amanda's fault." Chloe says.

*MICHAELS POV*

I washed my face and returns a few minutes after. I suppose Luke, Chloe and their friend Caspar knew by now. I walked in, and obviously they all looked towards me. "Listen, I don't want to seem rude, but if kind of like to be alone." I breathe.
"We understand." Ashton says.
"Yeah, we get it." Calum smiles.
Chloe gave me a quick hug before they all left.

I collapsed into the bed, pulling the covers over me. I hadn't slept in 2 days and I was shattered. Every time I closed my eyes, Gemma was all I could see. I missed her so much. All this time I thought she hated me, but she was going through so much.

"How are you?" My mum spoke. I opened my eyes and check the time. 2 hours sleep wasn't bad. "Sorry did I wake you?" She asked. "It's fine." I mumbled. "How you doing?" She says. "How do you think?" I said. "Just try and remember all the good times you shared together, get rid of the bad ones." She said before leaving. She was right. Instead of lying here, crying and hardly sleeping, I should think about the happy times we spent together.

Of course, I was still going to miss her, but I needed to sort myself out. Showered and changed into some different clothes. I head out to the park for fresh air- to clear my mind.