Chapter 12

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing. I reached over to see a message from Michael.

'Hi Gemma, I know I asked you to hang out today but there's kind of something else. I wanted to ask you last night but I was too scared. I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go on a date with me today? X'

I read the message carefully and jumped out of bed. I felt so happy!
For a while, I contemplated my feels for Michael, I'd only know his for a couple of months.

'Yes Michael I'd love to go on a date with you! Xx'
I replied, skipping downstairs.

I poured myself a drink and a bowl of cereal before bouncing back upstairs again. I didn't need to shower because I'd taken one last night after the party.

It took me about half an hour to decide what to wear. I took out a long sleeved, grey dress and a pair of flats.
I checked the time 1:15. I had 45 minutes!

I applied my makeup, which didn't take long and left my hair natural.

'Really? Okay! Bring a swimming costume! We're heading to the beach! Xx'
He answered.

I sighed and changed into my bikini before sliding the dress back on. Just in time.
I said bye to mum and walked across to Michaels.

"Ready to go?" He asked.
"Yep!" I nodded my head. He took hold of my hand and I felt butterfly flying around my stomach as we headed towards the beach.

We talked as we made out way to the beach, and everything felt completely normal. Nothing about it felt weird. I realised how much I loved spending time with Michael and hoped he enjoyed spending time with me.

*MICHAELS POV*

"So I made us a picnic if you're hungry?" I said holding up the basket.
"That's great I'm starving!" She laughed.
"Good job then!" I smirked.

We arrived at the beach and spread out a blanket, laying out the food I brought. I heard her say she liked pizza so I cooked one just before we left so it was still warm. I packed sandwiches and sausage rolls and a drink for us both.
"This is so nice!" She grinned. I was so glad she liked it.

After we had finished eating and drinking, we decided to head into the sea. She wriggled out of her dress to reveal her gorgeous figure. We ran into the sea since the beach was empty. We jumped over waves, which I learnt was her favourite thing to do as a child at the beach.

*GEMMA'S POV*

We both decided it would be a good idea to have a splash war, which ended with us both getting soaking wet! Michael picked me up and span me round before letting me go and looking into my eyes. He brushed my hair behind my ears.