Ceremony

3rd person's pov :

Beam still can't believe queen mother asked Beam to be Forth's best man. How a woman could be this much cruel ? Even if she hates Beam , can't she see her own son's happiness ?

"Beam !"

"I am preparing it , Dave." Beam replies coldly.

"You are not paying attention . At this rate you will cut your fingers. Let me do it." Dave tries to take the knife from Beam's hand .

Beam moves his hands away "Doesn't best man prepares the food for the fasting ceremony ?"

"Are we really taking the rituals seriously ?" Dave frowns.

"If the bride and groom taking the rituals seriously then why not the best man ? Why should I be the only one who is upset ?" Beam adds milk and honey to the fruits which he has already cut.

................

Forth sighs deeply as he looks at the mirror "is it necessary for me to dress up like this ?"

Fazal grins "You look good brother. Also it's your first marriage."

Forth closes his eyes in headache "what I have to do today ?"

"The first ritual is Fasting ceremony. You and your lovely bride will feed each other today. And feed untill both of you are full because you can only eat again after all the rituals ends which means tomorrow."

"The fuck ?" Forth frowns.

"You can drink water and juice but not any food in your stomach as you know in our royal rituals marriage is like worship. You need to keep fast."

"Forth !"

Forth turns around hearing an excited voice from his back "Sal .. "

Sal walks in the room " how do I look ? We are wearing same colour ."

Forth blinks "uh !.good good."

"Only good ? Come on ! I am your would be consort. Spare some words more than good for me ."

Forth takes a deep breath internally "I .. I need to leave now . I have something urgent with Yibo . See you at rituals."

Fazal frowns "brother You should  ..... "

"Prince Fazal !" Sal interrupts Fazal "Can I have some private talk with Forth ? I know it's your room but please it's my request."

..................

"Forth you didn't answer me ? Do you want to cancel our marriage ?" Sal asks Forth calmly sitting beside him.

Forth sighs. "You know it's mother's decree. My words doesn't matter."

Sal holds Forth's hand tight  "It matters to me Forth . I love you Forth. I love you since the day I saw you. So if you are not  happy then .. maybe I ....

"You can't convince my mother !"

"Not that ." Sal whispers "maybe I can give up my position ?"

Forth frowns. He raise his head to look at Sal "huh ?"

Sal nods slowly "let this marriage happen . Then I can stay in your harem as a concubine. I will not occupy the position of royal consort. How is that ?"

Forth frowns harder.

"I don't mind being your concubine Forth. As long as it's you .. I don't mind other irreverent things like position , reputation and all that.  If you are with me , I can be your slave too."