Who ?

3rd person's pov :

"I was your mother's personal maid since her childhood. She was a sweet girl. She used to have high morals in life. She used to value love , loyalty and ethics. She was beautiful, wise , intelligent and modest at the same time."

Forth frowns. He looks at Beam with a face like 'it's going to take long.' Beam glares at Forth with a face like 'don't interrupt her.'

Dee sighs. "She was famous outside our kingdom too. Specially in your kingdom. She was an example of perfect princess. That's why King Derek sent the crown's invitation to her."

"She rejected intially but when my father suggested to cheat she agreed. I know that." Forth interrupts cutting her monologue.

But Dee shakes her head "No, King Forth. You mother used to despise Queen's crown. She used to hate how some desperate people jump on the streets just to marry one man."

"So when your father invited her, she gracefully rejected that invitation. But your father didn't give up. So he sent one of his Messenger to your mother proposing her to cheat.

But the guard didn't know that there were two twin princesses of Panaka and he mistakenly gave that proposal to princess Martha instead of your mother. So that day, who accepted that proposal and agreed to cheat was princess Martha not .. your mother."

Beam gasps. "WHAT ?"

Dee nods slowly "princess Martha was always a daydreamer. She wanted a fairytale prince, crystal crown , grand wedding and all that. So she couldn't refuse when a prince went that far to propose."

"But she didn't ... I mean my father never wanted her. It was for mother."  Forth asks in confusion.

"It was. But she convinced your mother that they looks the same. It will not effect king of he gets her instead of your mother."

"My mother agreed to this ?"

Dee nods again "She did. Atleast, we all thought she did."

"What do you mean ?" Beam asks confused.

"She promised princess Martha that she will help her and teach her how to behave. Initially she taught her. But when the concubine won the crown and king Derek himself went to Panaka for his would-be wife...

Queen mother fell in love with king Derek. She started to develop feelings for king forgetting her promise to princess Martha. And suddenly she herself wanted to marry king Derek."

"Didn't princess Martha object ?"

"She did. But there was no proof. So she confronted your mother and asked her about the promise..."

"You mother said that she already told King Derek whole truth but King Derek loves her, not princess Martha. And King Derek wouldn't marry anyone if she rejects him. He would also destroy their land. So, she sacrificed her promise to save her commoners."

Forth frowns. He suddenly feels bitter in his mouth. This sucks. This is one of the worst betrayal a sibling could do to other.

Beam also feels sour. Isn't he doing the same to Persia ? He entered the crown for Per, how could he ....

"We all thought she was telling the truth. We thought king actually threatened her to marry him."

"But he didn't ?" Forth holds his nosebridge hard.  "She lied ?"

"Yes ! She never mentioned princess Martha to king Derek. I came to know it after your birth king Forth and it was the first time I saw her evil side." Dee whispers.