Ch. 140

Jennifer's group didn't manage to leave the underground city successfully.

Under the red moon of the plateau, a silent assassination was taking place. The ground seemed like it had been flattened by something, the sand and gravel fell unnaturally, and small sections of the stone forest disappeared into thin air like it had been devoured by something.

Visible fluctuations appeared in the air, immediately followed by the appearance of a dark shadow looming over the wasteland. It was like a lotus leaf, layered and stacked to form a giant elliptical object.

The dark object disappeared, and six or seven corpses fell out.

They were Jennifer's companions, that team of well-equipped mercenaries.

The clothes on the dead bodies were soaked and their eyes were wide open. Some had their throats slit and some had fresh blood on their chests. Most of the bodies didn't even have a complete corpse, as if they had been ripped apart and eaten by some monster.

A bloody smell instantly filled the air.

A pale hand grabbed the dying Jennifer and dragged her in front of themselves.

"You devil......Red Scorpion......" Jennifer said indistinctly with eyes full of fear.

The owner of the palm seemed to know how to make themselves invisible since their body could not be seen. He gave a strange laugh, and the palm continued to use force without mercy. Jennifer already had no strength left, she didn't even have the energy to struggle.

Scattered flames sprang from her body, but the fire was very faint.

Fighting inside Red Scorpion's space had already exhausted Jennifer's ability. Then, she was almost suffocated to death by the water. The once bright fire of life has already become as fragile as candlelight.

She is going to die.

Jennifer unwillingly stopped struggling. The scene before her eyes became increasingly blurred and eventually disappeared altogether.

She is covered in water, blood dripped from her calf, and her flesh was bruised and torn. It looked exceedingly terrible, but compared to the bodies of her companions with flesh torn down to the bones, she is already considered more or less intact.

"How beautiful."

The palm left Jennifer's neck, still dripping with water.

Under the moonlight, this detached arm floated in mid-air and sinfully stroked Jennifer's corpse. It lingered on her face and chest, not with impure intentions but with something darker. It was like evaluating a piece of meat.

"Confused with your sister, the protagonist's first and only true love. The one who couldn't tell who he really liked, the one who didn't know the first person he saw in the rubble......is our Saviour!" Red Scorpion scoffed.

Red Scorpion began to pay attention to the surrounding scenery; he had also suddenly appeared here. This group of mercenaries had subconsciously raised their guns, and Red Scorpion found precious prey among them.

Now, he was in bliss. Jennifer's death had helped his recently depleted abilities to recover.

"There are no spiders here, looks like I've returned to Earth." Red Scorpion was also forced on a random tour of the giant spider world. He was originally lying peacefully in the Holy Gate organization, yet he abruptly encountered a giant spider attack and was immediately forced into a place with no food or drink.

He doesn't know if it's bad luck or good luck, but Red Scorpion met Dr. Mad in the forest.

The two people's abilities are so distinctive that they easily recognized each other.