Ch. 19

STB Chapter 19: Fog

     “Abandoned World, according to an insider is a particular kind of parallel world.” Jian Hua flipped through the papers left behind by Zhang YaoJin, his eyes stopped at a particular word while drinking a cup of tea in silence.
     The sky outside seems like twilight. Because of the fog outside the window, the morning seems delayed.

     When Zhang YaoJin left, Jian Hua had a sleepless night. There is always the urge to flip through the phone book and call Li Fei。
     However, they’re not close enough to exchange secrets. The second thing is that Jian Hua didn’t know Li Fei’s number. The last thing is that they said that the movie actor was taken away by Red Dragon to cooperate with the investigation, so calling is useless.

     Jian Hua stuffed two M&M beans into his mouth, reluctantly pressing down the urge to smoke to ease his anxiety.
     The invitation to join Red Dragon’s new Abilities Team, Jian Hua answered with “still have to consider”.

     The monsters and the ability holders, maybe Major Zhang thought it takes time for a regular people to accept it so he didn’t embarrass Jian Hua and after leaving a stack of information, he neatly went out. But Jian Hua felt that he was nearby, which means someone must be stationed 24 hours. 
     This feeling of being targeted by the National Secret Services——
Rubbing his forehead,Jian Hua reconsidered the information from the documents in his hand.

     Insiders, this refers to the people who know the truth from different sources? Then that girl in the Universal Studios’ elevator, the mob who destroyed the Pearl Hotel, the innocent young mountain biker who died, and even Lu Zhao.
     This makes Jian Hua can’t help but suspect, is there something he should know, that he missed?

     Everyone knows his character which was not good.

Jian Hua dropped out of High School to work. He taught himself a lot of knowledge but “Parallel World”, a concept so big is apparently not on the scope of his study.

     Fortunately, movies cover a variety of things. Jian Hua has seen several foreign films involving time travel and parallel worlds, so he probably understood。

     “Using a parallel world to define the Abandoned World is not really accurate. It’s not like a branch that appears on a time tree. Most living things (such as human beings and animals) cannot appear in the Abandoned World. There are only tall buildings here depicting the flourishing appearance of modern society. There is no life and no change. It may be the remnants of life that has dried up at the end of time, like a frozen world. There is a better scientific explanation but still, using the term parallel world is easier to understand.”

     Jian Hua can’t see how this passage became popular, how is it easy to understand?
     However, the information in his hands is more important than the script. No matter how ridiculous the metaphor is, he had to read it.

     “Special note: Abandoned World is the name of ‘this particular parallel world’. It’s specific members (people who have the potential to gain abilities), can enter the Abandoned World in many ways. The point at which it connects with the real world may be very tiny. For example, when your room overlaps with Abandoned World,you’ll be dragged into that world. So when you open the door, you will fall into fear and anxiety, as if the real world has abandoned you and everybody’s gone.
     “Sometimes, this overlap is very extensive, like a city.
     “If you are a person with the potential and also happen to be at the point of overlap, then you will enter the Abandoned World. Conversely, even if you’re an awakened ability holder, if there is no overlapping position between the two worlds, you won’t have to worry about getting into trouble.”