Ch. 6

STB: Chapter 6 – Assembly

The most luxurious and comfortable hotel in Huai City, Pearl Hotel. There was a loud bang from the rooftop and the ground suddenly shook. Li Fei was holding an electric razor in his hand and wiping at his face when he slipped, his back severely hitting the wall tiles.

The shaking stopped and the bathroom door opened. His bodyguard Geng Tian nervously said, “That is the sound of explosives. This place isn’t safe and we need to leave quickly.”

The windows of the deluxe suite were smashed, letting a cold wind inside. Smoke filled the room and there were chandelier fragments scattered everywhere, making the room beyond recognition.

“Are you okay?” Li Fei coughed twice before quickly dragging a wet towel to cover his mouth and nose.

“I don’t have any injuries. I was sitting on the sofa then I squatted down when I felt like something wasn’t right.” His bodyguard’s mood was worse than Li Fei’s. At noon, they almost encountered a big car accident in Haicheng. Then in accordance with the schedule, they arrived in Huai City for a charity auction held in Pearl Hotel at 8 p.m., only to unexpectedly encounter a terrorist attack.

The size of the charity auction wasn’t small. There were popular celebrities, chairmen of several listed companies and even the mayor of Huai City attending, so this criminals were truly bold!

This thought also circled inside Li Fei’s head. Who was this explosion directed at? If they really wanted a terrible result, wouldn’t it be better to wait for the charity auction dinner to start, when the guests would gather together?

Geng Tian and Li Fei left the room and ran towards the emergency exit. There was smoke along the way. They didn’t know where the fire was but the fire sensors inside the hotel didn’t turn on the sprinkler system.

“Wait.” Li Fei didn’t seen anyone in the corridor or staircase. There were no guests or even employees!

His bodyguard hesitated before lowering his voice and saying, “Dean. In fact, we recently discovered that some people are secretly checking up on your whereabouts through private detectives. They weren’t acting excessively, so the agent told me not to tell you. But just in case, the company’s computed stored a false tip that you are going on a trip after the release of Crow. Therefore, the other party didn’t know that you are coming to Huai City.”

Dean was Li Fei’s English name. All the top stars had an English name, but Li Fei didn’t like to use it. After hearing Geng Tian’s words, Li Fei frowned slightly but didn’t say anything.

Li Fei had many enemies but none of them could afford to use explosives in such a crazy manner. Lei Fei told himself that he didn’t have such psycho fans.

“There is no phone signal!” Geng Tian became more tense. Blocking the phone signals, this was too much!

The bigger the incident, the less likely it was to be due to Li Fei. However, that didn’t mean it was a good thing.

Geng Tian was a veteran that Star Entertainment Media had hired from a profession bodyguard company. Li Fei’s agent didn’t dare save money in this regard. Geng Tian was really glad that the agent or Assistant Lin didn’t accompany them to this charity auction, or he would’ve had to protect all three people.

Li Fei made a ‘danger’ gesture and the two of them slowly retreated back down the corridor. There were noisy footsteps coming from the staircase, as well as a voice.

“Have you found the master key that opens the rooms in every floor? Search this hotel up and down again! Don’t be afraid of trouble. Today was definitely the recorded day of the outbreak, so it means that we will awaken.”