Ch. 46

STB Chapter 46: Pragmatic

November 22, evening.

The wind blew up the leaves and stuck them to the car windows. The sky is foggy, and you cannot see the sun for a long time.

Guan Ling opened her sleepy eyes. She heard a familiar shout from behind the car.

A few words said over and over again “I did not commit a crime, you can’t hold me,” and “I want to expose you, expose you to the newspaper and television.”

People wearing masks in white coats put the struggling middle-aged couple into the car. Behind him, a girl shrinks her neck, too scared to move. Someone in a white lab coat next to them explained, “We detected unknown substances from the scars on your body. It may be contagious, and you need to be quarantined for some time. If you want to contact your family or friends, we can make a report now.”

The girl is a book transmigrator, and she asked for help from Huo Wei.

Huo Wei did not respond, and it seems that he was utterly indifferent to the situation. He was relaxed and walked into the car.

The car quickly starts up, and all the companions she’d lived with at the Abandoned World for days, pulled out of Guan Ling’s sight.

“Do you miss them?”

A person with the rank of Major sits in the car, probingly looking at Guan Ling.

This young woman is only 24 years old, tiredly leaning on the rear seat. With a hoarse voice, she said, “The last time you came to me, you said goodbye very quickly. You waited until I’ve suffered enough?”

“Miss Guan misunderstood.”

Zhang YaoJin held several transcripts in his hand. It’s from the people they just sent away from the hot spring area incident, road damage and collapse, and the studio homicide scene.

Some of them are raving, and some people just said they don’t know.

The middle-aged man loudly shouted that he’s been attacked by wild animals, asking for compensation. As for when the police asked him how he appeared on the road, and if he knows anyone else, he played deaf.

“What did Huo We say?” Guan Ling suddenly asked. She can read the transcripts upside down, her vision is also good. Major Zhang’s movement of reading the reports is not fast, probably for her to look at it.

“He is a man that surprised me.”

Zhang YaoJin draws the bottom of the transcript. On it is full of handwriting. There are suddenly words written with heavy strokes and with traces of large sections crossed out, showing the inner feelings of the police officer.

Huo Wei said in detail what happened in the last eight days.

Although it seems like for the police station, Huo Wei needs to be sent to the psychiatric hospital for treatment.

“Where are they going?” Guan Ling looked at the direction where the car disappeared.

“Red Dragon’s secret base. It’s secure enough, and guaranteed that when you entered the Abandoned World again, it would be a place to rest and sleep.” Zhang YaoJin’s tone of voice has persuasive power. Even if you wanted to refute, you can’t fight against the force of his soldiers.

Guan Ling is just an ordinary white-collar woman in the city.

She was silent for a while, and can’t help but say, “Did none of them have awakened abilities?”

“After several hours of observation, it seems so. Players below C-class need to enter the Abandoned World more than two times before it’s possible to awaken.”