Ch. 60

STB Chapter 60: Picked Up

The motorcycle is moving very fast, letting out a deafening roar. Johnson is pressed to the man’s broad chest, smelling tobacco and a bitter orange smell of the man’s perfume, it made him dizzy.

His frozen cheeks are tingling, making him regain consciousness, then he vaguely felt pain.

He subconsciously wants to rub his face, but a voice above his head told him to stop, “Don’t move!”

Johnson froze. From the time the motorcycle stops when he was carried into the house by the man, his expression is dull.

The warm atmosphere wrapped around his body, and his skin soon became red. It was a sign of frostbite, and he soon felt itchy. Johnson controls himself not to scratch, this feeling of frostbite festering, he knew it.

The man is on the porch of the house, cleaning his body of snow, and removing his windbreaker and hat.

He’s tall, close to two meters. Johnson looked pitiful in front of him; his height not even reaching the man’s chest. The man has blond hair with bright blue eyes like the sky. He has rough looks with a wild charm because he did not shave, so there is a layer of stubble on his chin.

The man held out his hand. He did not bend over, placing his palm right on top of Johnson’s head, “Little ghost, go in and sit down.”

Johnson crouched in the corner of the shoe rack, his courage small. When he saw the living room that can be said to be the size of a small basketball court, he feels unsettled, not knowing where to put his hands.

He watched on Katie and Charlie’s television and knew that this house is a mansion.

There is a black leather sofa piled up with soft pillows, and a whole wall of rainforest in an eco-tank. The sprinkler is working on time, with drops of water falling on the plants’ leaves, and a lizard lazily sheltering under the foliage.

The reptile’s cold vertical pupil makes people feel frightened.

Johnson’s shoulder is pushed by the man, almost stepping on a beautiful handmade rug. He hurriedly pressed on the wall to gain his balance. As a result, his dirty hands left two tracks on the snowy wall.

“……”

The man throws his coat on the coat rack. He rolled up his sleeves and grabbed the chicken-like Johnson to the guest bathroom next to the living room.

Opening the water heater, he skillfully adjusted it to a suitable temperature. An endless stream of warm water gushes out of the pipe, the water in the tub slowly rising.

Johnson hurriedly steps back, his whole body sticking to the wall.

“How long have you been in the snow?” That man frowns. The clothes of this little ghost are complete. No broken seams, no patch, unlike those picked up from the garbage heap, but Johnson’s actions are no different from street children.

Their city is very prosperous, and even the homeless people here receive food relief, not to mention a child.

“I, I……”

“Is it domestic violence? You ran away?”

Johnson first shook his head and also subtly moved towards the door.

“Your face is red. Tch, are kids these days not afraid of frostbite?” The man said in a bullying tone. Not giving Johnson a chance to explain, he took the boy’s coat off with a few moves.

This time, Johnson genuinely panics.

Although he was only 14 years old, poverty made Johnson see too much darkness. When he didn’t even have a house, he lived near prostitutes who sell their body in exchange for food in the tent area, and there are also young teenagers. The boys at school bullied him, and also like to call him insulting words. Johnson was made to understand even if he doesn’t want to.