Ch. 13

STB: Chapter 13 - Dumbfounded Circle

At the scene of Star Entertainment Media Press Conference, the lights from the cameras’ flashes are glaring. Li Fei removed his sunglasses and smiled at everyone.
Li Fei instantly became the focus of the lens. He maintained a gentle and warm expression and also reached out to say hello to several relatively famous reporters.

With the live broadcast, fans sitting in front of the internet can watch Li Fei’s every move at the same time.
“He’s obviously not hurt. Who spread the rumors?”
Seeing Li Fei safe and sound, the fans are relieved followed by anger.

If Li Fei is just a small actor and his foundation is not stable, just a rumor of a severe injury would lead to discussions of several potential shooting advertisements, movies, interviews and so on to come to nothing. The movie roles that have been finalized will also be affected.
On the one hand, they are glad that Li Fei is the winner of two awards, gaining his title as the Emperor of Movies. On the other hand, they feel distressed for their family’s Mr. Perfect.

Only until Li Fei sat down did the flashes in the venue became slightly normal. The reporters rushed to raise their hands to ask questions. But Li Fei’s broker didn’t hesitate to talk about Li Fei’s next film.
With great difficulty, they simmered until the end of the speech and exploded on the question and answer portion.
“Excuse me, may I ask if you’ve seen the online video? Are you at the scene when the explosion occurred?”
“Yesterday, Xiao YaQin microblogged only two words, writing “really worried”…… may I ask, what is her relationship with Li Fei? Is it boyfriend and girlfriend? Or already married? Or thinking of marriage?”

Li Fei pressed down on the microphone, looking like wanting to say something. The scene went quiet all at once.
“About the video, I do not know. As for the explosion in Huai City’s Pearl Hotel, I was at the scene……”
The audience immediately buzzed. The eyes of the reporters are full of excitement. They want to ask how, Li Fei and Xiao YaQin, these two stars, appeared in the same hotel.

This matter also exploded online. A lot of Li Fe’s fans detest Xiao YaQin. It was their first time hearing this and it was as if bad news was given to them.

Li Fei looked the same. Assistant Lin who stood offscreen near the walls turned off the venue lights except for one. A photo appeared in front of the computer screen, it was an invitation letter to a charity dinner party.

The words are distinct with the date and time precisely enlarged.
“The dinner party is at eight o’clock. My assistant booked my room on the 48th floor. As for Ms. Xiao, after our companies communicated, only then did we know that her room is on the 42nd floor.”

Pearl Hotel’s room management is rigorous; the floor number is on the room card. When riding the elevator, you can only ride up to that specific floor. The floors leading towards the dining hall, business lounge and entertainment facilities use another lift.
If they want to visit other guests, they have to tell the elevator staff the floor number.
As public figures, even if they wanted to be private, it is impossible to have too much floor difference between their rooms.
Li Fei did not explain in detail. As for the existence of the Charity Dinner Party, someone will naturally check. And regarding the thing between him and Xiao YaQin, it is still unclear——

“My debut had been ten years ago. I know my fans, and all my media friends are concerned about my private life.”
The reporters wanted to continue questioning, but from Li Fei’s expression, they realized that there might be a huge surprise and they suddenly became nervous. Some even hold their breath.

Li Fei slightly narrowed his eyes. Also, he unintentionally smoothed his hands down on the table. This uneasy motion created an atmosphere. He doesn’t have to talk, through his “actions”, people can feel that he will say a secret from the heart.
The broker next to him stared at Li Fei’s gaffe.
——This doesn’t follow what they agreed on. This wasn’t even in the script! Love life, is it a good idea to talk about that now?
However such a stare, in that situation, seems as if telling Li Fei that he’s not allowed to tell the truth.