Ch. 36

STB Chapter 36: Flowery Point

He returned to his familiar environment.

Jian Hua sits in the corner, watching the busy crew come and go.

No matter how lavish the cast is, shooting scenes is still a very messy thing. Wires are all over the place, and for an ordinary person to have a box to sit on is already good.

Assistant Director Luo did not wear a suit today. He was holding an electric horn in his hand with his phone hanging on his neck. He was also wearing a vest with N pockets and had a wireless headset in his ear.

“Props group! What are you guys doing, move this column to the left!”

Looking at the scene through the camera, Assistant Director Luo is satisfied and had people tell the director that this scene is ready.

Jian Hua looked down to find the paragraph corresponding to the scene, then he stood up. Sure enough, a voice from the headset said that the director hasn’t finished shooting the main lead’s scene yet, and this stage is for the supporting roles.

The stuntmen don’t just shoot dangerous scenes, some also act as background characters, or in group scenes. In this case, without the big name cast present, as long as there are stuntmen, they’ll still be able to shoot. It doesn’t matter even if the lens doesn’t focus on the characters’ faces, a close-up of the actors can be added later.

Like now, Li Fei is speaking to the camera with a green screen behind him on the other side of the studio, and there is a scene of confrontation between the two supporting actors on this side. Jian Hua needs to climb up on the four boxes disguised as stairs, and quietly stand there among the crowd.

To be a statue in the background is not easy.

“You……”

“Hello Director Liu, I am Li Fei’s stuntman, Joe.” Jian Hua’s greeting to everyone is too simple, never warm, but also not rude, even when looking at the situation where he’s “below” the other person, he should have addressed Assistant Director Liu more respectfully.

The crew has several Assistant Directors in charge of different jobs. Assistant Director Luo is in charge of on-site scheduling, and all are looking for him, like an old maid. As for the Assistant Director responsible for filming, their status will be higher.

Assistant Director Liu examined Jian Hua for a few seconds and feels that he’s unfamiliar. His head tilted, and he asked with a dialect, “How’d you find such a person? With Star Entertainment’s means, how could they have a newbie to be the Movie Emperor’s double?”

“No, I’ve been here for years, and he looks a bit familiar.” The crew member explained.

As a stuntman, Jian Hua can be regarded as successful. But his success can only receive this kind of recognition.

He’s mostly involved in TV dramas. In front of this big screen production directors, it doesn’t matter since most commercial films now use special effects, so the demands for doubles and stunt performers are not high.

It’s not worthy enough for others to hold his thigh, and being unsociable, who would pay attention to the name Jian Hua?

Such is the case in the circle where banning the small ones are easy. There is no sense of existence even after years of hard work. Someone stuck to the bottom will quickly be forgotten, and not even many people know about it.

Jian Hua was blocked for six months. When he came out again, he became the Movie Emperor’s exclusive stuntman. This news would burst out in the stuntman circle, but the crew members have no idea.