Ch. 3

STB: Chapter 3 - Car Accident

The sky was clear and the sun shone on the glass wall of Star Entertainment Media’s building, reflecting light and casting shadows on the sidewalk.

The actor Li Fei casually looked out the window at the paparazzi squatting next to the building, before the humble black sedan he was in turned the corner into the bustling traffic.

“The national box office result Crow has come out yesterday. It is 400 million yuan less than the box office champion last year.” The assistant said while secretly looking at Li Fei’s face.

Crow was produced well, stars were gathered in it and it was the most widely publicized movie. The election period, the surprise hits of some European and American suspense films, as well as a dark horse domestic movie resulted in a box office performance that was less than expected. This made the investors and the directors feel choked up.

Their pre-release words were too arrogant, and now their faces were almost swollen! They stayed silent but as Li Fei was a public figure, he had to face the aggressive questions and wasn’t happy.

Li Fei didn’t want to listen to this topic anymore and quickly asked, “Have you finalized things with the stuntman?”

It wasn’t okay. The agent sitting in the front passenger seat became particularly angry as he remembered it. “That person should he needed to think about it before answering. How big does he think he is? He didn’t even answer four calls from Assistant Lin! How much is he worth that we would wait for him? No wonder some people said not to hire him.”

“Hrmm?”

This was obviously the first time Li Fei heard of it so he made a serious expression. The assistant immediately shrank back.

“He is young and naive, offending many people.” The agent casually said. “There are many stuntmen who practice martial arts, so why must you look for this unreliable person?”

“Call him again.” Li Fei turned a deaf ear to the agent’s words. The assistant quietly pulled out his phone without daring to look at the agent’s face.

The voice coming from the phone made Assistant Lin want to cry, ‘The phone you are calling has been turned off.’

Jian Hua forgot his phone in the car, so the bombardment of calls Assistant Lin just reached a battery-depleted phone that was lying dead.

“There are many stuntmen, but only this one suits my eyes.”

The agent listened with a dark face as Li Fei ordered the assistant, “Call again tomorrow.” The agent couldn’t change Li Fei’s mind, but he would make it so that the new kid couldn’t cause trouble in the future. There was already a well prepared draft contract, but he should change some of the conditions.

“Today’s headlines… hey, this is the social news?”

Assistant Link was suddenly happy. He was afraid that speculation about Crow would be released, but there was a dark horse topic. The entire team would become gloomy if Li Fei’s reputation was damaged.

“Huai City, the bizarre case of a young man and woman who died in the middle of the night in a mall…”

Li Fei and the agent had experienced many ups and downs in the entertainment circles for many years, so what couldn’t they understand anymore? There were cases like this in the country every day. The media deliberately added the words ‘young man and woman’ as well as ‘middle of the night’ to the headline to lure people’s thoughts into strange places and attract attention. As for the deceased, they probably had some relationship with each other.