Ch. 35

STB Chapter 35: Common Understanding

Li Fei’s group was accompanied by the Assistant Director at the hotel.

  This Assistant Director is impeccably attired and even dressed as a successful businessman more than Li Fei’s own group. He has a slightly raised beer belly and a balding head. When he laughed, the flesh of his cheeks even shake.

    The Assistant Director greeted them with two sentences, though not meaning any of it, “Li Fei ah, you’ve been a very popular man! You’re at the top of the headlines this time and last time, your life is really better than the movies.”

   Assistant Lin and the others’ expressions are a bit ugly because there’s nothing good about him on the internet.

   The wrecked Ferrari was viewed as “a drag racing actor that caused a car chain accident” speculation. Although this microblog was soon marked as false information, someone still pointed out “how did this become related to Li Fei”. After all, with the Pearl Hotel incident, he had been involved in two serious events that appeared at Huai City.

   Surrounded by the spotlight, all kinds of slander was thrown. What would happen if the fact that Li Fei has been arrested and was suspected to be involved in an International Criminal Organization was publicized? If this sensational headline passed through the netizens eyes…

   There was also a wave of sarcasm that has seemingly known the truth, “Finding a scrapped car at the scene of the incident is a new way of creating hype, GET!” “Addicted to riding along the heat of the accident, where’s the conscience?”.

   Said Li Fei was pushed to the cusp, not to be exaggerated.

   “Assistant Director Luo, you are joking. I’m in a bad mood.” Li Fei looks relaxed, nothing like what he just said.

   “Don’t let it interfere with the filming, you know Director Lu’s temper.”

   Assistant Director finished, letting someone give Li Fei the documents about the shooting. He paused when he saw Jian Hua, surer that he’s familiar the more he looked. But there are too many people he’s met, so he didn’t remember who Jian Hua is.

   “Oh, as a final confirmation, your make-up artist and stuntman is your own. According to the confidentiality agreement, all of your staff are required to stay at the same hotel for the whole filming, but at your own expense. I’ve put them near your room. Are there any other special requirements?”

  This kind of things can be handled with a phone call, but the Assistant Director personally came. This is because all big-named stars basically have a temper, even after talking to a broker on the phone, the meaning is often not clear.

   But Li Fei is an actor that every Assistant Director would like in their cast. If not for anything else, he gave them a peace of mind.

    He neither requires the Star Hotel’s Presidential Suite nor needs special treatment besides being fastidious about what he eats. But if he really did not want to eat what they offered, he would have people bring his own nutritional meals, or have some assistants cook.

   When filming, he isn’t late or leaves early and don’t ask for leave. When he’s here, you can definitely find someone who knows where he is at any time. This is enough to make all the Assistant Directors be moved when they’re arranging the crew’s daily schedule.

    You don’t need to bother about the Movie Emperor or make him part of the group. The ball won’t be dropped, and he would not cause trouble to others. He is basically a good person.