Ch. 30

STB Chapter 30: Tired Heart

About five seconds passed, Li Fei and Jian Hua cannot understand the meaning of this sentence at all.

Book, what book?

If the world is a book, that is to say, we——

“Bang.” Jian Hua finally reacted. The soup spoon fell into the bowl, and the soup splashed on his clothes. Jian Hua didn’t care. He stared at Major Zhang as if he’s looking at a madman.

Li Fei’s ironic smile first expanded, then suddenly froze.

They are all thinking about the same problem: What does Zhang YaoJin mean by throwing out such a ridiculous excuse?Is it to thoroughly provoke them? If so, what’s the benefit of Red Dragon’s Major Zhang?

Jian Hua thought of that young man on a mountain bike carrying a bag filled with food, saying the word “plot”.

Li Fei thought of the conversation he heard in the stairwell of the Pearl Hotel. The mob claimed that it was  “ definitely the recorded day of the outbreak, so it means that we will awaken”. They can foresee that the Abandoned World is coming, and can predict what will happen that day. However, what do the words “definitely recorded” mean?

What records? Is it the kind of prophecy book that is passed down from a millennium ago?

The things that confused Li Fei and the problems that he can’t understand that was put aside have now been brought to mind. The immense sense of absurdity almost swallowed him. Li Fei wants to protest, but he had a terrible feeling for the first time.

The atmosphere in the room became very depressing, the pressure in the air suffocating.

Zhang YaoJin frowns. The young man beside him pressed his hand on the gun on his waist. Major Zhang threw a look to make him stop.

The instrument on the table vibrates, the numbers on display are rising.

“*cough*!” Major Zhang takes the initiative to break the deadlock. He stared at the dangerous atmosphere opposite him that would soon cause a tornado, and solemnly declare, “I know, this sounds very ridiculous……”

Four eyes gazed at him, revealing burning anger: Ridiculous? It’s merely a joke!

Zhang YaoJin understands their mood very well.

The entire Red Dragon is looking at the chat group logs. They were dumbfounded for a long time, and until now, some people can’t accept the contents.

“The National Secret Services can’t even find a good excuse?” Jian Hua has a sullen face.

“Or, at least change the story?”

Zhang YaoJin has been wearing the military uniform for more than ten years. He passed through a hail of bullets many times and faced life and death situations which can’t be counted on two hands.

Knowing how terrible the abilities of Jian Hua and Li Fei are, Major Zhang still held on. His expression as usual, “Our fate has been written on paper. If we know the ending, it’s not difficult to change it.”

Li Fei restores his calm. Folding his hands into a tower, bowing his head, and bending his forefinger to keep his forehead pressed above, he was naturally in deep thought.

Jian Hua closed his eyes. After a long while, he said in a light voice, “Evidence?”

“It belongs to the country’s top-secret files, I can’t carry it with me.”

“But you don’t care at all about throwing out this confidential secret?” Li Fei made a broad smile. When he looked up, his eyes that looked at Zhang YaoJin through his fingers made the nervous young man’s scalp tingle for a second, instinctively stepping backward. When he came back to himself, the one sitting in the chair is still that elegant and gentle movie actor.