Ch. 12

STB: Chapter 12 – Spider Silk

Lu Zhao smoked a cigarette as he browsed the bustling web page.

There was the wreckage of a pot plant on the ground. This was due to Lu Zhao’s fury. He had swept off everything on his table, including the pot plant placed beside his computer.

The room was filled with tobacco smoke and there were many cigarette butts in the ashtray.

Ly Zhao’s face was a bit distorted from the smoke, and he was too lazy to clean out the full ashtray. He threw the cigarette directly to the ground, grinding it heavily with his leather shoes, like he wanted to shatter it into pieces.

“Li Fei, Li Fei…”

Lu Zhao’s eyes were bloodshot from not being able to sleep last night.

The Abandoned World disappeared too fast so he didn’t gain an ability. There weren’t many dates of large-scale awakenings written down, so an opportunity was wasted.

He also saw the mysterious scene of the pillar of fire soaring into the sky at Pearl Hotel. At that time, Lu Zhao had a terrible thought. Such an amazing event of a high level ability awakening, it only happened a few times in the original book. Then was this Li Fei? But according to the book, Li Fei should be lying in hospital because of a car accident at this time. How could he come to Huai City?

Lu Zhao immediately ran home and searched the web pages.

The search ‘Haicheng’s viaduct collapsed’ had no results. There were a few pieces of information for ‘Haicheng’s car accident explosion.’ Apparently a business vehicle spontaneously caught on fire and crashed into the railing.

“Wrong! It isn’t like this!” Lu Zhao pulled his hair and nervously muttered.

It should be a series of car accidents. Dozens of cars would be severely hit together, including Li Fei’s car. Li Fei’s agent and assistant died on the spot. The power of the explosion led to serious damage to the bridge and it collapsed. The survivors were buried and Li Fei was saved after 10 hours of excavation.

In the original story, Li Fei and his bodyguard Geng Tian might not have been able to survive this disaster if they hadn’t awakened their abilities at the critical junction.

The accident caused Geng Tian to have his face half burned and for Li Fei to fracture his right leg. He was a figure in the entertainment industry, so this incident was very loud. As a result, Li Fei rested for six months. When he emerged again, he couldn’t compete with his peers. His work wasn’t warmly received and his appearance rate was low. It was at this moment that Li Fei shifted his focus to the Black Abyss organization.

Jian Hua was the largest villain and final BOSS in the story. However, he was absolutely strong and didn’t need to conceal himself.

Li Fei was different. He was a person who could smile and send you to hell with gentle words.

His supporting role in the original work proved this. Lu Zhao had been here for many years, but he never thought about trying to obtain Li Fei.

Before the start of the story, Li Fei was a screen idol with many fans. It was impossible for a normal person to build up a relationship with him.

Lu Zhao didn’t care because he was holding a strong card. He was Jian Hua’s childhood friend! He just needed to follow the BOSS and Li Fei’s danger was insignificant. But now—

Why did Li Fei come to Huai City? If two S-class potentials were too close togehter, there would be a battle awakening!

Lu Zhao’s worry increased. He might not like Li Fei, but Li Fei was the strongest boss who appeared on the surface, instead of Jian Hua. He couldn’t be hostile to Jian Hua!