Ch. 38

STB Chapter 38: Haunted

The initially dormant white silk threads suddenly sprang up.

The studio is huge, and they slowly grew in these seven days. But even after lifting its stealth mode, it’s still inconspicuous.

If all of it emerged at the same time, it would surely be seen by the naked eyes. But the lights suddenly dimmed (blocked). So it seems like there’s a layer of dust on the green curtain and a lot of strange white things on top of the box……

Among the crowd, Jian Hua instinctively reached out to hold onto something because he feels that everything is shaking, like an earthquake.

With a quick look at Li Fei, he found out that the latter’s expression is as serious as his.

Did the Abandoned World come?

The people in the studio looked up to the lights, and time was suspended. However, the shaking is not violent enough to shake items. Last time, it was an earth cracking scene with everything around shaking in a blur. This time, it’s just the studio making the pendulum movement.

Li Fei soon calmed down. He is about to look for Jian Hua when he suddenly stopped.

At the same time, Jian Hua raised his hand to stop him.

Because they noticed the abnormal sounds in their ears——single syllables are infinitely stretched, and the messy noises sound like a cassette tape. The sound is sometimes light and sometimes heavy, and it coincides perfectly with the frequency of the shaking of the studio.

The other people’s actions are not completely stagnant like they’ve been slowed down many times.

“The overlap point is unstable?” Li Fei talks to himself. He can see a smoke-like black matter is continuously spreading around the studio’s ceiling. When the black matter becomes large, the people’s movements tend to be static. When it was drawn away by an invisible force, the sound of broken, intermittent voices can be heard.

The only unaffected one is the mushrooms in the studio, which excitedly rushed towards the black matter.

Jian Hua can’t see it, but he found the mushrooms abnormally active.

“Not good!” Jian Hua was reminded that the mushrooms are only interested in two things: Ability holders and monsters.

Its present action is like before the hunt. How did Jian Hua know——it’s the same reaction every time it’s close to Li Fei. Even if the owner, Jian Hua, clearly willed the mushrooms not to swallow, these white silk threads still can’t help but spring up.

The flow of black matter is irregular. Even Li Fei can’t see inside, but the mushroom is very relaxed. It lingered in the black matter for some time, seemingly looking for a weak spot, then it rapidly converged together. It caught a mass of black material and desperately “dug”. It made that piece of black matter with an uncertain shape abruptly expand, as if swallowing the mushroom.

“Your ability is opening the Abandoned World.” Li Fei is surprised.

Jian Hua can’t see the black matter, but he could see the mushroom clearly “burying itself in work”. Jian Hua’s face changed, trying to control the restless thin white threads with his mind and telling it to retreat: The Abandoned World is full of monsters, what are you doing there!

The mushroom is dissatisfied.

Very dissatisfied. A delicious place is right in front of it, but the owner wants to close the door it just opened!

After two minutes of struggle, the mushroom unwillingly obeyed Jian Hua, but it doesn’t want to leave “empty-handed”. Li Fei watched a figure appear from the black hole. A person was dragged by the mushroom.