Chapter 6: Instincts

Karxilia City / Verdin's Home / Morning / Three weeks later

Three weeks have passed and Cyresa is growing bigger, she's now as big that she can reach Verdins Claws but still small to let her go on its own and not even dared to do that at all. Her color patterns are starting to get noticeable. She truly has her mother's colors, and she has green eyes like her. She's starting to walk on her own but sometimes she falls while taking her first steps. Gladyr she's really becoming a stepmother for Cyresa and to be fair for the Princess being with Verdin's Home with her task to help raise her daughter by order of her mother. She's starting to have slight feelings for him.

Verdin: Come here precious one you can do it!

Cyresa was standing up again and she continued walking and trembling a little. She walked for a few seconds in the room towards Verdin and she falls.

Cyresa: (low screech)

Princess Gladyr: Shes making progress.

Verdin: Yeah, huge progress shes walking longer now. Come in, you can do it! Come! (He stretches his arms wide open to hug her as she comes closer)

Cyresa stands slowly again as she moves towards Verdin slowly. As she's making six more steps she manages to go in his arm wings

Verdin: (Wrapping her in his feathery arm wings) Good Girl!! I'm so proud of you beautiful one!

Cyresa: (Little purr)

Princess Gladyr: She's really a sweetheart don't you think?

Verdin: She is everything, everything to me I cannot wait to see her future my heart melts with her I really forget the past. Which reminds me I don't know if you notice but she has now proto feathers?

Princess Gladyr: Oh yes, I believe in the next two months shell be able to talk.

A nock sounded in the door.

Verdin: Coming!

Princess Gladyr: Oh no worries ill open it

The princess head at the door and open it and it was the Empress of the Harxarian Empire

Princess Gladyr: Mother!? Come you should see this!

Empress Falyria: That's why I've come here, Guards stay there ill be right back. So how's the newly proud dad in our empire?

Verdin: Your majesty? This is a surprise visit. Im honored to have you here.

Empress Falyria: I've come here to see the newest young addition to our future generation of our great nation.

Verdin: (Chuckled) The newest addition your grace is right here (He opened his arms revealing the young Haroxian.)

Empress Falyria: By the stars!! She's soo adorable!! She looks really like Cyra!

Verdin: I know, she's my happiness and everything, Princess Gladyr helped me a lot raising her

Empress Falyria: It was a task I gave her to keep your daughter in good condition. Now, im seeing she's really in good shape.

Verdin: Thank you your grace, I will never forget your service that you offered for the good being of my child. As much as I- ou ou Ouu!! She's biting my fingers!

Both the Princess and her mom started laughing hard.

Princess Gladyr: It seems that she has her teeth growing by now. We might look for something she can chew.