Chapter 22: Old Friend

Karxilia City / Sentinel Red Pyramid / Forge Chambers and Weapon Smiths / Two days later

Verdin is currently at the forge chambers inside the Sentinel Red Pyramid, the massive room currently holds two large forges for melting metals and refineries for fresh ores and it has a vast air ventilation to remove the heat from inside the chambers. There were several workers working on new weapons for the current war and Verdin is currently the boss of those workers as he changed some stuff in Cyresa daggers and created two new ones for her. Silver ones to look different. He went to a Smither that was working hard. He can hear the hammer smashing the hot metal as he is making a Gladiator Staff and on his left side, there's five long wooden crates full of weapons he had already finished. Verdin walked towards him.

Verdin: Harux! So many weapons you have already forged!

Harux is almost the same size as Verdin but only a little bigger, and his plumage is all brown with black lines pattern that runs through the top of his body from crest to tail. He's a war veteran and an honorable former sentinel. He was an old friend to him and maybe the last former sentinel alive because he used to be with him when Verdin was very young as sentinel. Harux has a missing large fang in his upper jaw from a battle he was in and has a scar in his eyes from a lance attack, but it did not lost his eyes. He has a deep voice since he's somewhat old, he's sixty years old. He was Verdin's own master.

Harux: (Looking at him) Verdin?? It's so good to see you! Its been a long time...my old friend...

Verdin: (Placing a hand in his back) A long time indeed...old friend...

Harux: (Chuckle) I was so disconnected from Karxilia and was living after all this time alone with my wife in the forest. I just came here looking for some work, can't say I miss Sentinel Red Pyramid, My old home...

Verdin: Welcome back friend. Its been really a while you been away for like what?

Harux: Ahhh, like fifteen years away in the forest, you know. After my wife Relia she really wanted to live far away in the forest. That female really loves nature.

Verdin: Ah Relia I remember her, how is she?

Harux: She's fine and in good shape. Taking care of our two daughters they are one year old both and they are the same as her mother. Running in the forest and hunting small prey. I'm impressed that they learned how to pounce stealthy.

Verdin: Congratulations!

Harux: So, how's your wife Cyra?

Verdin: (Silence) You missed a lot in these years.

Harux: (Concerned) Oh no, what happened??

Verdin: She died a few months back from a conclave attack in my village.

Harux: (Grieving he stopped working and he puts his hammer on the smithing)

Verdin: Its alright. I'm married again and I have a daughter from Cyra.

Harux: Well at least is not all lost for you, I was getting worried now. And you married to who?

Verdin: Ahahaaa! You don't want to know. But because you are my best friend, I'm married to Gladyr.

Harux: The Princess!!?

Verdin: Mhm. That female I swear! She loves playing that alpha roleplay in our marriage!

Harux: Ahhhh! Yeah, you screw. (Clapped in Verdin's back) Most females are like that but for me I'm the alpha in our marriage. I conquered Relia already. (Laughing) But I'm happy that you are married, How's your daughter?