Chapter 11: A Measure of Peace

Karxilia City / Verdin's Home / Night

It's been three days since the Empress departed to the Grand Senate. Its night and Verdin was laying in his stone bed cloaked with a feathery soft coat on top, he was still awake trying to sleep he only hears is the little snores coming from the nostrils of both Gladyr and Cyresa, for the first time she was sleeping with the princess under her blue feathered arm wings. She sees and thinks she's her mother while he really doesn't mind that, but what got starlted both him and Gladyr is that last night all suddenly Cyresa started crying in her sleep and suddenly stopped it was scary for both. The fact the princess she's very protective when Cyresa is around her she really goes to mother mode even if she is not her daughter, Haroxians tend to be extremely protective with their young's and no matter who they belong to which family. Yesterday Gladyr took Cyresa outside for a walk and she didn't even dare let a few people walk too close to her in broad daylight even Cyresa complies with Gladyr's commands.

Verdin looks around but he can't sleep after learning his brother is still around and all his tragic past. He looked at the window from his bed and it was still midnight. He stood leaving both the princess and his daughter behind quietly, they are still in deep sleeps, he walked outside the room slowly and closed the door without making a noise. The house was so dark, the kitchen, the hallway, everything. He walked to the stairs case leaving to a balcony he was at the second floor outside; he looks to a flat wall in his house and backed off and he proceed to jump and climb up with his claws till he's in the top of his house he's now at the roof. He laid down, looked around he could see the White Palace Pyramids and apparently is beaming up its white blue beam at the moment and he can also see the complex of the other smaller pyramids near the palace and from far aside he could see the Sentinel Red Pyramid and to the left side of that, the other five more newly pyramids that are still under construction, the large one is almost finished. He looked up and he could see the vast star fields in the sky and the brown cloud that runs from east to west in the sky among those stars, he wondered if that bright brown cloud is what that overseer mentions, A galaxy of a billion stars. He took a deep breath; he could hear the wind peacefully hitting his feathery body. He closed his eyes for a moment with his head looking at the stargaze. Meditating.

Verdin: (Low tone and eyes closed) Stars

Verdin: (Low tone and eyes closed) Stars... Tell me... why I must endure pain and my tragic past? When will I find happiness to its fullest and stop worrying about losing more? It its my fault that all of this is happening because of me? It's my fault that my brother found an artifact because he lives after our house burned to the ground because he hated me, and I didn't stop him? (one tear flow from his eyes) It is my fault that I've put our kind at risk from an outside sleeping threat? If so how I'm going to fix this? It is myself I should blame?

And then one step vibrated the floor, someone was behind Verdin. He slowly opened his eyes and slowly turned his head to see who was behind and to his surprise. A familiar Haroxian that was almost transparent but still can see its feather colors and features was a few feet from him, watching him from behind with glowing green eyes..