Last Day of Camp

"We have to move. The only way we're going to make it is if we run." Darius says as he and Kenji come over running after the group hears that a ferry will be leaving soon.

"Um.. are we sure that's the best way to get there?" Sammy asks as Yazmina comes hopping over.

"I'm fine. I competed with a torn ACL. You should be way more worried about Ben and Bumpy." Yazmina says as she gestures to Ben and Bumpy as they run over.

"What we should all we worried about is catching a boat out of here and naturally we have a problem. We're here. The docks are on the southern tip of the island." Ben says as he shows the group a map.

"Ben's right. I'm used to running all over the island with my mom on time limits due schedules. Even if we run as fast as we can we won't make it in time." Alexis says as Sammy looks at her.

"You don't know that." Sammy says.

"Sammy I have been closer to the docks than we are now and still never made it in two hours. Trust me. I'm telling you we won't make it. Not by running." Alexis says.

"Okay so we need another way. Um.. can we use those somehow? Or send someone to tell the ferry people to wait? Or-" Darius then gets cut off by Brooklynn.

"Or make a few jetpacks real quick? Oh! We should befriend a unicorn! Face it. It's hopeless. Like Alexis and Ben said. We won't make it." Brooklynn says before the group hears a sound and goes to see what it is before seeing it is the monorail.

"Monorail! What-what!" Kenji shouts excitedly.

"Nicely played universe." Brooklynn says as she smiles.

"Hurry!" Darius shouts as the group runs up the steps and towards the exit only to stop and hide once seeing Toro around the corner.

"Move." Darius says quietly as he quickly goes over and hides beside the stairs without being spotted before seeing Alexis and the others didn't follow him. After Darius throws a rock to distract Toro the group then begins to run over to the stairs and keeps low as they start going up them. While climbing Alexis, Brooklynn, Storm, Bumpy, and Kenji are the first to reach the top as the monorail arrives.

"Mon-" Kenji then gets cut off as Alexis covers his mouth quickly.

"Shh." Alexis says before looking at Toro only for the loud speaker to go off as the monorail stops getting Toro's attention as he spots the others.

"Run!" Darius shouts as Toro roars causing storm to roar as the others begin trying to quickly make their way up the stairs as Toro tries to climb the stairs after them. As some of the others get inside the monorail while others are still running they soon see Yazmina fall as Toro falls before he tries biting at her.

"Do not let those doors close!" Sammy shouts as she, Alexis, Kenji, and Brooklynn begin trying to keep the doors open to give the others time to get to safety. After getting the doors open the others tackle Kenji as they pile inside before the doors close and the monorail takes off.

"No way. Something bad always happens when we think we're safe. Watch. The doors are gonna open. Oh okay. Then the train's gonna stop because that's how this works." Kenji says as he, Brooklynn, and Sammy are looking out the windows before Sammy scoffs and walks away.

"I'm pretty sure we're safe now." Brooklynn says as she walks away from Kenji.

"Well we were until you said that." Kenji says.

"Kenji it's fine. Just relax for the time being." Alexis says as she sits down before Storm hops onto her lap and lays down.

*Timeskip*