Turning Dr. Turner

"Guys come on." Kenji says as the group goes to a door before going through it and seeing they are now in a jungle.

"Guys do you remember how like five seconds ago we were in a desert?" Brooklynn asks.

"What the heck is this place?" Sammy asks before the ground begins to rumble.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say that feels like a... T. rex." Yazmina says before the group sees a T. rex appear.

"Run!" Alexis shouts as the group begins to run.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Kenji shouts before another T. rex appears causing the group to quickly hide as the two dinosaurs begin to fight.

"Does every island have dinosaurs now?" Brooklynn asks.

"Let's ask her. Who's that?" Ben asks as the group sees a woman eating a sandwich before she drops her sandwich seeing the group.

"You're trespassing. What are you up to? Are you here to spy?" The woman asks as she comes over.

"Yeah. We're an elite band of teenage secret agents." Kenji says sarcastically.

"Are you mad? You're eating in the middle of a dinosaur fight?" Alexis asks.

"First of all they're not fighting. They're pla-" The woman then gets cut off by Darius.

"Playing! Cranio-facial biting! It's true!" Darius says happily.

"Uh yes. Don't change the subject!" The woman says angrily.

"Lady we don't wanna be here either. We just wanna go home." Yazmina says as Alexis nods in agreement.

"Oh yeah we'll see about that. Follow me." The woman says as the group follows her.

*Timeskip*

"You really expect me to believe that children survived alone on Isla Nublar for six entire months?" The woman asks in disbelief as the group is walking with her.

"Trust me. It's hard for us to believe too." Brooklynn says.

"I suppose you must be telling the truth because who would make up such a crazy story if they didn't have to. Not saying that you don't have to or that you're crazy but who knows? I don't know you you don't know me for that matter. Am I yammering on? I've been out here for the better part of a month with no one to talk to and I guess I had more to say than I realized." The woman says.

"You look so familiar." Darius says.

"Don't worry. They're almost tuckered out. They won't bother us." The woman says as the group hears commotion from the two T. rexes.

"How could you know that?" Ben asks.

"I study dinosaur brains. Behavioral paleoneurobiologist. I'm Mae Turner-" The woman then gets cut off by Darius.

"Turner! That's it! You're Dr. Mae Turner! It's an honor to meet you. I read your book. A Theoretical Emotional Journey with Theropods." Darius says excitedly.

"Ah you were the one!" Mae says as she chuckles and smiles.

"If you could just point us to a phone we'll be on our way." Kenji says.

"Yeah. Slight problem with that. This island is completely shut off the grid. No communications in or out." The woman says as the group looks at her in shock.

"Are you kidding? Why? Wait you can't use that to call out?" Brooklynn asks as she looks at Mae's device.

"Sorry. Closed circuit. Mainly I use this to connect to a doodad in their brains... Oh! Can't tell you actually. Proprietary research." Mae says.