Beneath the Surface

"Are we really off the island or is this a dream?" Sammy asks as the group is on the boat.

"If it were a dream I'm thinking we'd have a change of clothes." Yazmina says.

"Ha! What do you mean? I've always wanted a signature look." Ben says as the group laughs before Alexis looks at Kenji and goes to where is in the control room.

"Hey Captain. It's lunchtime. Time for a break." Alexis says.

"Can't leave my post till we're docked in Costa Rica. I'm the only one of us who's ever sailed before." Kenji says.

"Kenji please?" Alexis asks.

"I'm not leaving." Kenji says sternly as Alexis sighs.

"Come on Kenji please? Just cut the engine. Ten minutes won't kill you. It might be our last meal together. We should enjoy that while we can." Alexis says as Kenji looks at her.

*Timeskip*

"And now for the main course the plumpest and the juiciest... Nublar grubs! Hand-selected by yours truly. Thank you for your sacrifice." Ben says as he walks out with a plate full of grubs much to the others disgust as he then eats one.

"Come on. Do you have to do that here?" Yazmina asks as the group is disgusted before Ben offers a grub to Sammy.

"Well I guess the least I can do is keep an open mind." Sammy says as she nervously takes a grub.

"Do it. How you all survived I'll never know." Ben says as Sammy chickens out on eating the grub.

"Okay. No tears or goodbyes until we're sittin' on the plane but can I just say look at us. We started as campers and now we're-" Sammy then gets cut off by Ben.

"Immortal." Ben says.

"Survivors?" Brooklynn asks.

"Exhausted." Kenji says as Alexis smiles at him.

"I was gonna say soulmates. Still doesn't feel real. We finally made it off the island. Go us. I'm gonna miss you guys so much! Before we get off this boat I'll need everyone to write down their e-mail addresses, social media handles, and weekly availabilities for a group check-in. Also your favorite kind of cake and the best time of day to receive packages. And maybe I don't know for fun your favorite memory of the two of us." Sammy says.

"Hey who took my food? I had a bunch of berries sitting right there." Kenji says as he sees his food is gone.

"Wasn't me." Darius says.

"Well berries don't just grow legs and walk away. They gotta be somewhere." Alexis says.

"Maybe the boat is haunted." Yazmina says as she looks at Sammy.

"Oh Yaz no! Don't even joke." Sammy says.

"No sea sickness anymore Ben? What? Did the island beat it out of you?" Yazmina asks as she looks at Ben.

"When you've seen the things I've seen a little thing like motion sickness can't... Oh! Who ate all the grubs?" Ben says as his plate of grubs is empty.

"Not if you paid me." Brooklynn says.

"Not me either. I may eat some nasty things because of my wolf stomach but even I won't touch a grub." Alexis says.

"Truly no one. Of course. A stowaway." Yazmina says as the group hears a noise and sees a compy.

"The last thing we need is it chewing on some wires or something." Darius says as he looks at the others.

"What do you say we catch one last Compy? For old times' sake." Yazmina says.

"Let's go!" Sammy shouts as she, Brooklynn, Ben, and Yazmina go after the compy.