Salvation

"It can't be. Is it?" Yazmina asks as the group is looking at a bonfire and smoke in the distance from their camp.

"I'm seeing it too." Brooklynn says.

"And I definitely smell smoke." Alexis says as she smells the air.

"That is most def a bonfire." Kenji says as he smiles.

"People. People!" Sammy says happily as she leans on Yazmina.

"Someone got our SOS signal!" Kenji says happily.

"Let's go find them. It's time to go home!" Darius says as Sammy laughs happily.

*Timeskip*

"Oh we're almost there. I can feel it." Sammy says happily as the group is running.

"Yes! We're getting closer." Brooklynn says as she climbs a tree before the group begins running again and every now and again stopping to check how far before eventually stopping as Darius looks.

"The bonfire. It's gone." Darius says as he gets down from the tree.

"What?" Alexis asks in disbelief.

"What if they left? What if the people who came to save us left and we missed our chance?" Sammy asks before the group hears a roar causing the group to huddle together as Alexis shifts to wolf form and growls with storm.

"C-Could be a really big compy right? Darius didn't you say they were creepo skylarks?" Kenji asks scaredly.

"I said they were crepuscular." Darius says before Toro comes out of the bushes causing the group to run with Toro behind them. The group then stops as Kenji and Sammy fall causing the group to stand their ground with Toro.

"Okay come on!" Brooklynn shouts before see she and the others except for Alexis are pushed behind a log by some adults.

"Storm yield. Back!" Alexis shouts as Storm roars and gets in the bushes with Alexis as some adults scare off Toro.

"Oh thank goodness. You're okay." A blonde woman says as she looks at the others.

"You are okay aren't you?" A man asks while Alexis and Storm go over to the others.

"Yes.. Thanks to you but who are you?" Alexis asks causing the woman to scream.

"Ah! Talking wolf!" The woman shouts as Alexis jumps back and pins her ears back worriedly.

"And a raptor!" A man shouts before Kenji and the others jump up and get in front of Alexis and Storm.

"Whoa! Whoa! They're our friends! Don't hurt them! Please!" Darius shouts.

"Yeah we're both harmless. I'm also technically a wolf shifter but I don't bite and neither does my companion here either." Alexis says as she shifts to human form.

"But seriously who are you guys?" Darius asks.

"Well after all that maybe you should call us your salvation." The woman says as she smiles.

*Timeskip*

"We could not believe it when we saw your campfire." Brooklynn says happily as the group is walking with the adults.

"Did you get left behind too?" Yazmina asks.

"Not looking like that they didn't." Kenji says as he laughs.

"Yeah. Are you like super stylish rescue squad?" Sammy asks happily.

"Guys take a breath. We don't even know your names." Darius asks as he smiles.

"I'm Mitch and my better half here is Tiff. We're eco-tourists." The man walking with the woman says.

"That's a fancy way of saying we travel to exotic places and photograph rare animals." Tiffany says.