A Shock to the System

"How you feeling?" Yazmina asks as the group is gathered around Sammy.

"Like I got punched in the stomach by a porcupine. But you know. Better." Sammy says as Darius smiles at her before he looks up at the sky.

"Let's get to the boat while there's a break in the storm." Darius says as he looks at the semi clear skies.

"What about the scorpious rex?" Brooklynn asks.

"We have to risk it. We might not get another chance." Darius says as the group splits up to gather up supplies. As Alexis is gathering supplies she notices Ben run off into the jungle before seeing he is following foot prints left by Storm and Bumpy.

"He must be going to look for Bumpy.. I can handle leaving Storm if I have to. This is where he belongs.. A place he is free.. At least he'll be free unlike me.. I should go after Ben. He could get hurt looking for bumpy with that thing around." Alexis says as she shifts to wolf form and runs after Ben.

*Timeskip*

"Ben. Ugh. Where did you go? That rain made it hard to follow any trails at the moment. All I smell is fresh rain water." Alexis says as she stops running and begins sniffing around after losing sight of Ben. As Alexis is walking she soon stops upon hearing a growl and immediately turns to see Blue growling at her slightly.

"Uh-oh. Okay girl. Just be easy. I'm not a threat. Merely looking for my pack members. I don't wanna fight." Alexis says as she slowly backs away from Blue before stopping upon seeing Storm come out of the bushes nearby.

"Storm! There you are boy. I'm glad you're okay. Come on boy. We need to find Ben and Bumpy. For a moment I was worried I was gonna need to leave you behind with that scorpious on the loose." Alexis says as she begins walking.

"Storm? What's the matter boy?" Alexis asks as she sees Storm not following before he then nuzzles Blue as she nuzzles him back.

"I see. You don't want to leave. You found a mate... I can't take you away from that. I don't wanna leave you with that scorpious on the loose but it seems I may not have a choice.. At least you'll be free here even if it isn't the safest... Everything that lives here is free... Maybe it's time I took the right steps for my own future to be able to be what I was born as and meant to be." Alexis says as she pets Storm as she gently nuzzles her hand as she looks down.

*Timeskip*

As Alexis is running in wolf form she soon spots the scorpious leaving from where Ben and Darius are and runs over to them.

"Guys. Are you okay? I saw that scorpious leaving. What happened?" Alexis says as Darius looks at her.

"We're fine. Bumpy and her herd just scared it off. Where have you been? I was looking for you and Ben." Darius says.

"Sorry. I went to find Ben too when I saw him leaving but lost him. Not long after I ran into Storm and Blue." Alexis says as Darius gives a curious look.

"Storm is with Blue?" Darius asks confusedly.

"Yeah. I think it's best he stays here. He's happy with her. I can't take him away from that. He can be happy and free. I won't take him away from what I can't provide him back home." Alexis says

"You made a good call. Wait if Brooklynn just ran into the scorpious rex and now it's all the way over here it's gotta be the fastest dinosaur ever." Darius says as Ben looks at the herd nuzzling Bumpy.

"The herd can protect Bumpy in a way that I can't. She belongs with them. I have to let her go." Ben says sadly.

"You and Alexis both are being good friends to Bumpy and Storm. You're doing what's best for them both." Darius says.

"So why can't you that for me? Staying here is what's best for me." Ben says.

"I have to confess Darius. I want to stay myself. Staying is far better for me than going home. Miss Blake can't give me the freedom to be myself all the time like it could if I stayed here. I love Kenji but he can't provide that either. I spent most of my life hiding who I truly was. I can't do it anymore. I want to stay and I won't change my mind. I'd be giving up the two people I love most in the world by staying but my freedom is something I have had to give up my whole life. I'm not sure I want to give it up again. I am strong and can protect myself now unlike when I was found by Kira. I can be free to be who I am here." Alexis says.

"No Alexis! Not you too! I done lost Ben once. I let him go once. Everything he went through was because of me." Darius says guiltily as he looks down.

"None of that was your fault. All you've ever done is try to protect me. All of us. I'm not mad at you. I never was. I... I love you bud." Ben says as he smiles.

"We're quite a pair huh? Dino-nerd and island boy?" Darius asks as he smiles.

"Excuse me. Island man." Ben says as he smiles.

"You guys will look out for each other? Right?" Darius asks as Ben and Alexis nod.

"Of course. Once a pack always a pack. Even if we're apart." Alexis says as she smiles and shifts to human form.

"It's been a pleasure." Ben says as he holds his hand out for Darius to shake only for Darius to pull him and Alexis into a hug.

"Uh Darius you're hugging a bit tight." Alexis says as she feels Darius tighten his grip and not let go.

"Yeah. I meant to let me go figuratively but now I mean it literally. You have to let me go." Ben says as he tries to pull away with no luck.

"One condition. You both come with me to the boat and tell everyone goodbye. You owe them that. Plus the others would completely kill me if I didn't get you both to do at least that." Darius says.

"Deal." Alexis and Ben say in union.

*Timeskip*

"Come on guys! We're almost there!" Darius says as the group is running before arriving at the docks to see everyone and the boat is gone.

"We didn't make it in time." Alexis says before the group hears a loud roar as they are then backed against a tree seeing the scorpious rex before another scorpious appears.

"There's two of them." Darius says fearfully as the two dinosaurs roar.